What's new

4400 Season Three (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

He also played a myriad of characters on Star Trek: DS9 and elsewhere. Most notably FCA Inspector Brunt (Quark's Adversary); Vorta Wyoun; and numerous other characters. :)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I was late to the party with this show. Only looked into it because of the huge thread here from season 1, but couldn't get caught up in time to see season 2. I watched the abbreviated recap from a couple weekends ago so I felt caught up enough to watch the season premiere. Good stuff. I especially like Garret Dillahunt (Ross). He was exceptionally creepy/evil in Deadwood (Wolcott) and is doing a great job here. His slap of Isabelle came out of nowhere, although maybe it's typical behavior for him that I just missed in my incomplete viewings? Either way, he plays a great insane but clever evil guy.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I always like this show on broad plot levels, but the episodes themselves leave something to be desired, especially when they delve into the "family themes" like the relationship between Kyle and his dad last year. And the acting is usually just ok, save from the guest stars, who are almost always awful.

Still, I keep watching, because I like to see where it's going.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually Diana seemed to have gotten a make-over from season 1 to season 2, but in season 3, she's maintained it pretty well.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Seems there were allot of makeovers after last season. Diana got her hair lightened, everyone got more makeup and the young dude (I can't remember his name) is losing his hair.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Hmm. We are starting to slowly build a sort of arc to a story, wherein the 4400 are going to divide against each other. They are almost setting up the two sides (Elizabeth on one end) as a sort of Magneto-Xavier type dynamic. Both want the same basic outcome, just a drastically different way to get there.

I'm not sure in the end how all of this will play out, but it should be interesting to see how it unfolds.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I suppose it's inevitable that we will get a bunch of "Freak of the Week" episodes, especially at the beginning of the seaon. Even so, this ep had a satisfying amount of arc info: Isabelle's (sp?) powers, Ross's accommodation of her exploration (which no doubt serves his purposes in some manner), and the Andorian's progress in becoming #4402.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
The one thing I still find a little unbelievable is that Diana keeps going over to help out Burkhoff. Maybe it was just bad editing, but there was one scene of her going to his apartment during the whole manhunt for Tom. I'd think she'd be a little more concerned trying to find out if her partner did indeed murder someone rather than going to draw some blood..... but overall, I'm still hooked and love the show ... :)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Just saw "Gone". Man, people in the future are pretty screwed up. They're even more screwed up than the Jetsons.

What does it take to bring someone to the point of asking a little girl to give her life over to an agenda to save the world? Would they have asked this of a child from their own time? Or does viewing her involvement from a historical perspective make it easier to coerce her cooperation? (She's already dead from their perspective, so what's the real harm, right?)

Is their situation truly so dire that they absolutely must enlist the contribution and sacrifice of the past? Or do they simply feel entitled to spread their burden across time itself, forcing us to engage in their battle, simply because they can?

And, perhaps most importantly, what is the nature of their catastrophe? Is it natural or self-inflicted? And did their 4400 Project have something to do with inadvertently causing the catastrophe? That would be a real bummer.

Personally, I don't like this talk about "Alternate Time Lines". Of course the Evil Lady From The Future didn't see the time line change, and she never will. If their 4400 Project works, then it will be another Evil Lady From The Future in a different time line who will benefit from the Project's efforts, not the one we saw in this episode.

It's like the time traveler who is sent back in time to kill Hitler as a child, and expects to return to his current time to a hero's welcome.

Traveler: "Hey, everybody! I traveled back in time and killed Hitler!"

Everybody: "Hitler who?"

The people who sent the traveler, like those who received him, are none the wiser and are totally unaware of any change in the time line.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Definitely a crazy, pull the rug out from under everything episode. This series continues to get bolder and bolder. The fact that they're even talking about Maia in the next episode tells me that our little psychic girl has a few tricks up her sleeve the future doesn't know about.
If this were "Smallville" or the like, it would have been people scamming as the future. I like this much better, though I hope they don't drop Conchita Campbell too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll reserve comment on Maia's subplot until next week's episode.

Isabella is becoming more and more bold, showing Matthew a small taste of the power she wields. Sean's grip on the center is slipping away as Matthew and Richard move in for the power-sharing agreement after Sean's bad decision making with the 4400 terror cell network. Tom has to wonder what is going on with Alana and the woman from a previous case, as they work at the center now.

Sean's got some dicey tight-rope walking, engaging in a sexual relationship with a still immature but rapidly evolving Isabelle. Her appetite for power/control seems to be also ratcheting up, and Sean's going to left holding the bag.

So, is Diane preggers? Seems like the obvious writer's shorthand whenever a female character starts to toss her cookies with no other cause shown.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I got confused with the Maia storyline. But I guess it will make sense after Part 2 of Gone (or at least we hope so).

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

??? Her daughter told her that she was going to forget her. The thought of that made her ill. What more "cause" do you need? It seemed to be a very real reaction.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The first of the two parter last week actually gives me hope for the show. They needed to pick a direction and go with it. Freak of the week or get into some type of arc and it looks like they made the right decision.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The past two weeks have given us some excellent shows. Part I of Maia's disappearance opened up some nice storyline twists. Tonights episode was fantastic. A good bit of insight into the what the future is looking to accomplish and the revelation that there is a segment of humanity that wants to see the 4400 fail (who's got money on Matthew being one of those human dissidents from the future aiding in Isabelle becoming the evil that will undo the plans of his peers? I know I do). Good stuff and I'm really liking the direction this season is taking finally after some lackluster "4400 of the week episodes". I know Behr and company can do better and I'm also happy they chose to go the story arch style of programming.

My only real complaint about the show is that the acting can be somewhat spotty at times. I know there are some good performances waiting to be let out, but I have not yet gotten the type of real emotional impact I get out of watching an episode of Battlestar, Deadwood, or the late Carnivale. The addition of Alice Krige is definitely a bright spot in that department. As is the always excellent Jeffrey Combs (who's been noticeably absent as of late). Still, I continue to believe The 4400 has a bright future. Next week's episode looks like a winner

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As spotty as the acting, dialog, etc. is now, it's light years better than what it was in season one.
Really great episode, revealing that there are two segments of the future tampering with our present.
"See him? He developed the synthetic propane that fuels our cars. See her? Her research led to the development of the early lunar colonies." Talk about a casually WTF moment.

And Tom's method of fixing the situation was both ballsy and genius. Reminded me of the guy from "Taken" that would take all of the risky missions in Vietnam, because he knew the aliens would snap him up if things got too risky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks