44" Toshiba DLP?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by delyan, Oct 10, 2004.

1. delyan

delyan Auditioning

I was in Bernie's yesterday (10-10-04) and one of the salesmen told me that they are expecting 44" Toshiba DLP (44HMX84!!!). Has anyone heard anything about it? I saw it on their in-store computers. They are expecting 150 units next month. Toshiba web site does not say anything, but it is never updated anyway.

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Do you mean 46"? There was always going to be a 46" and I can't imagine them having both a 44" and a 46".

3. delyan

delyan Auditioning

The salesman showed me the model number and I saw 44" DLP and I was surprised. The salesman also said that the speakers would be on the bottom. I don't believe it, but it must be true! As far as the exact model number I think I saw 44HMX84, but I am not 100% sure.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I just checked Toshiba's private dealer website and there's no mention of a 44" anything. Now the info there isn't always exactly up-to-the-minute, but coupled with the fact that you are the only person I've ever heard mention such a size, I'd say that what you were told is incorrect.

5. delyan

delyan Auditioning

Go to forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/76480.html you can see that they have similar discussion. Also, I talked to a salesman in Bernie's again. The exact model number is 44NHM84 and is made exclusively for Bernie's (I don't know how that works).

6. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Exclusives certainly do happen...there are Toshiba models you'll find at Costco that aren't anywhere else, for example. Certainly explains why I've never heard of it.

Problem is, you never really know what components are in it. It could be very different inside from the 46". Then again, it could be identical, just with a smaller screen. Like I said, you never really know!

7. John S

John S Producer

Pretty good buzz around actually for this new Display.
    Probably a good size for a fair amount of people.

Just a google on the model number pops up hits. No stores list it yet though.

8. delyan

delyan Auditioning

According to the other forum only members of NATM will sell it. Bernie's is on of them. (natmcorp.com/members/)