$420 AVR325 - A Great Deal?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Davey_T, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Davey_T

Davey_T Stunt Coordinator

This price at onecall.com certainly seems like a great deal for a receiver that originally listed at $799.

What's the catch, in your opinion?

(I.e., why would YOU not take advantage of this clearance price, BESIDES the various problems outlined in another thread in this forum.)

Thanks!
    Dave

2. Chris Sherman

Chris Sherman Second Unit

They were out of stock last night but back in stock now. I think it's a steal at $419.00 and the original MSRP on it was $899.00. There's a great review of it by home theater magazine at the harman website and an excellent on at Cnet as well. I have noted zero defects with mine so far in my system . I would hurry as these are likely to go quick.

3. Davey_T

Thanks for the feedback. One of the benefits I would like to get out of a 7.1 receiver is to be able to have the many 5.1 DVDs out there be "upgraded" so to speak, to take advantage of the 7.1 HT I'm building.

What is your opinion about how this receiver handles 5.1 DVDs? Does it seem to "enhance" them at all using Logic7, or have you found Logic7 to be a benefit only for stereo material?

I don't watch much TV, mostly DVDs, so this is where my main interest lies. I'm also considering the Yamaha 1400 for Pro Logic IIx, but it's almost twice the price.

Thanks!
    Dave

4. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Davey_T,

Just a heads up. Ecost is selling the HK 325 for $369 and the 525 for $469 both factory refurbed by HK. If you dont mind refurbs its a heck of a deal. Hope this helps.

Luis S

5. AndrewErickson

AndrewErickson Stunt Coordinator

The catch is that you aren't getting it for $390 like I did. [​IMG] I really have no big complaints about the receiver. It is quite a deal for $400.

6. Davey_T

Uh. That's not quite right. Dolby Pro Logic IIx works with ANY stereo or 5.1 source.

At least, according to Dolby.

See this post for more info: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...57#post1923457

This is why I'm so attracted to Pro Logic IIx, and specifically the Yamaha 1400.

Thanks,
    Dave