What's new

42" to 50" Widescreen RPTV that does 720p? (1 Viewer)

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a 16x9 RPTV in the 42" to 50" range that will display 720p natively, I know that the Samsung DLP sets will and the Sony Grand Wega will do 768p, but I am not sure if I want to spend that much so far, though I am leaning towards the Sony Grand Wega, but would like a set around $2,000 to $2,500 that will display 720p, any input you guys have will help greatly.

Thanks
Joe Reed

Nick V

Second Unit
There is a Panasonic model Link Removed that lists for about $3000. It's only 40" though. This set also has a 45" big brother, but it's obviously more expensive.

Nick V

Second Unit
I did some more looking around and you can get the 45" Panasonic LCD 16:9 projection tv for $3150 on sale at OneCall !
Seems like a pretty decent deal, but don't know how it compares to the Grand Wega.

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Nick, I have been looking at that tv also but I would like to see that side by side with the Grand Wega but no store around me will ever carry both. I was emailed a link to a site that I can get the 45" model for around $2700 credit card or $2200 in cash, and they are only about an hour away from me but I lost the link. :angry: :frowning:

Nick V

Second Unit
That's a crazy price. I've had my eye on that tv for awhile, but haven't bit the bullet yet because I'm a little scared of not having Firewire or DVI.

Let me how your search goes...

Joe Reed

Stunt Coordinator
Thats what I am waiting for also, I want to see if Panny releases a new model of thid tv with dvi(would be great to have both but probably wouldn't happen with a Panny)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks