42" to 50" Widescreen RPTV that does 720p?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Reed, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Joe Reed

Joe Reed Stunt Coordinator

I am looking for a 16x9 RPTV in the 42" to 50" range that will display 720p natively, I know that the Samsung DLP sets will and the Sony Grand Wega will do 768p, but I am not sure if I want to spend that much so far, though I am leaning towards the Sony Grand Wega, but would like a set around $2,000 to $2,500 that will display 720p, any input you guys have will help greatly.

Thanks
    Joe Reed

2. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

There is a Panasonic model here that lists for about $3000. It's only 40" though. This set also has a 45" big brother, but it's obviously more expensive.

3. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

I did some more looking around and you can get the 45" Panasonic LCD 16:9 projection tv for $3150 on sale at OneCall !
    Seems like a pretty decent deal, but don't know how it compares to the Grand Wega.

4. Joe Reed

Thanks Nick, I have been looking at that tv also but I would like to see that side by side with the Grand Wega but no store around me will ever carry both. I was emailed a link to a site that I can get the 45" model for around $2700 credit card or $2200 in cash, and they are only about an hour away from me but I lost the link. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Nick V

Nick V Second Unit

That's a crazy price. I've had my eye on that tv for awhile, but haven't bit the bullet yet because I'm a little scared of not having Firewire or DVI.

Let me how your search goes...

6. Joe Reed

Thats what I am waiting for also, I want to see if Panny releases a new model of thid tv with dvi(would be great to have both but probably wouldn't happen with a Panny)