What's new

42" plasma TV Decision... (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Brandon
I'm looking into buying a 42" plasma and was able to narrow the candidates down to 3 that are in my price range. They are as follows:

LG (42PC3D)

Toshiba (42HP66)

Phillips (42PF9631D)

If anyone has any recommendations or feed back I would appreciate it.

kuliddar

Agent
He said in his price range.

I'd go with the LG. Excellent set for the price and has a 2 years warranty on it.

I have a Toshiba 42hp66 and I love it. For me it cmae down to the Panasonic and the Toshiba and to my eye the Toshiba looked better.

Steve JD

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I also recommend the Panasonic mentionned above. I love everything about it! But the reason I am writting is to say that I now regret not getting the 50 inch... At first I though 42 was huge, but now I find it kind of small. Depending on the size of your room, go for the 50 if you can afford it... ;- )

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit

Brick and Mortar

an expression for NON internet shopping

I am waiting for the 50" as well - 42" has had the best price point for the last year or so, but I think the 50" time is here

I don't think the 60 or 65's will ever get very cheap, but I think the volume of 50" sales will help a lot

The set I am looking at (Panasonic TH-50PX60) has just dropped by $600.00, post xmas sales

I will wait until it drops another $500 and then pull the trigger

Leigh_M

Stunt Coordinator
I got the Panasonic 60x for $1099 at Cirtuit City during Black Friday weekend. I suspect we will see them below $1200 in the next week or two for Super Bowl sales. This is a great set and gets fantastic reviews. The other thing I like about it, I found at least one review that published "calibrated" settings. Changing to these settings made a big difference.

Real Name
Brandon
I went with the toshiba. Anybody have any advice on how to set it up to get the best picture. I have Direct TV with HD programming.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!!!

Here are the settings I am using.

Brightness 31
Contrast 20
Color 20
Tint 0
Sharpness 20 ( some on avs forum run this at 5)
Color temp Med

I got these using the THX optimizer on The Increadibles. But as always its really up to what you like. Just get that brightness down! Its way too bright as it comes out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks