What's new

41 Hi-Res Reviews now available (1 Viewer)

JohnSU

Auditioning
AUDIOPHILE AUDITION for September 2003

AUDIOPHILE AUDITION this month boasts 117 SACD, DVD-Audio, xrcd, DVD-Video and standard CD reviews plus nine reviews of books on audio. There are 41 Hi-Res format reviews including the new xrcd24 format reviews. ThatÕs a new record for the online publication which publishes more hi-res disc reviews than any other - web or print! The web magazine of audio, music and home theater covers classical, jazz and rock, along with music videos and feature films. Components reviewed this month are the Outlaw Audio 950 7.1 Preamp-Processor (a rave), the Zenith HDV420 High-Def Receiver, and the Tivoli table radio.

The multichannel disc of the month is the DVD-A of The Beach BoysÕ ÒPet Sounds.Ó Other multichannel hi-res reviews are Jerry GoldsmithÕs score to Star Trek: Nemesis, Hildegarde Von BingenÕs 11,000 Virgins, The KinksÕ EverybodyÕs in Show Biz, The John Pizzarelli Trio Live at Birdland, and George Shearing and Hank Jones at two pianos. Jazz CDs include new releases by Joe Lovano, Jason Moran, Nigel Kennedy, and two Bix Beiderbecke Tributes. Seven music video DVDs are reviewed, including concerts by Count Basie and Duke

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
John,

Thanks for the message. I will link over to your site.

I am finding the Channel Classics albums quite uniformly excellent. I hope you plan on covering these.

The Four Generations of Miles and Johnny Frigo from Chesky are two nice additions as well.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks