What's new

40X81-Operation w/o Remote? Help (1 Viewer)

Adam Wolkoff

Auditioning
Greetings.
This weekend my daughter initiated a series of events whereby the remote for my TW40X81 died of severe impact related injuries.
The immediate problem (besides no remote) is that it appears the remote is the only way picture size can be adjusted. I don't see any menu provisions for changing the picture from standard->theaterwide->full screen.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround? Or must I order another remote and wait...wait...wait for it to show up?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Adam Wolkoff
[email protected]
St. Paul, MN

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Buy a learning remote. Go to a store and program the learning remote with all the buttons that you need. That's what I did when I needed a remote. The store didn't mind (I was a regular customer...) I doubt Best Buy would mind, or, in fact, even notice. :)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I had to get mine replaced a few months ago, and it was through an appliance repair shop, so I'd give one a call and see what they say.
Glenn
PS - Mine had it in stock, so I had it the same day.
[Edited last by Glenn Overholt on October 16, 2001 at 09:14 AM]

errol

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Adam,
It'd probably take weeks for one to arrive if you were to special order one.
frown.gif

In the interim, would suggest getting a learning remote.
If you know of a neighbor or a fellow HT enthusiast in the area who has a Tosh set, you might want to borrow their remote to program the inexpensive learning remote.
Thanks,
Errol
------------------
Keohi HDTV
Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site
[Edited last by errol on October 16, 2001 at 06:35 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks