1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

40H80 Theater Wide1 Vs. Full width

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Wesson, Sep 23, 2001.

1. Ryan Wesson

Ryan Wesson Auditioning

I have converged all the screen modes on my 40H80 with the Toshiba grids. The picture looks fantastic with DVD as well some DBS content. Anyways, I noticed the other day while watching an anamorphic dvd (I do not recall the title) that if I put the tv in Theater Wide 1 I was able to see more of the horizontal picture. Full seems to be chopping of a little portion of the sides. Although with it in Theater Wide 1, the anamorphic picture was all squished as you would expect. I can reproduce it with any anamorphic DVD. Is the overscan supposed to be like that even after using the grids to converge, or do I have some other problem? Full is almost 5% on the sides Theater Wide 1 is about 3% to 3 1/2% according to Avia.
    [​IMG]

2. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

I have noticed the same thing with my 50h81. Of course the full mode is the right one for anamorphic movies. I get my TV calibrated next week so I will see what happens.
    ------------------
    Stefan Antwarg
    My DVD Collection
    The Regal Brass Quintet Not HT related

3. errol

errol Stunt Coordinator

Hi Ryan,
    3-5% isn't bad at all. Some folks get greater than 5% overscan(diff brands).
    You can adjust the overscan from the service menu or if you have an htpc, you can just do it using yxy.
    Thanks,
    Errol
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Keohi HDTV
    Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site
    [Edited last by errol on September 24, 2001 at 11:49 AM]