40H80 Questions...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Moore, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Chad Moore

Chad Moore Auditioning

Well, this is my first post... I just picked up a Toshiba 40H80... I love it. I probably would've made a bad choice if I hadn't been refered to the board, but all I've read about it is that it's a great set...
    Anyway, I was wondering if there are any possibilities of doing serious harm by doing a service level convergence? I mean, keohi's site makes it sound like my set's gunna blow up or something if I screw up, so I'm sorta leary of it you know? Any tips? ? ?
    Also, I've read that there are no descrete ir codes for Toshiba Tv's is that true of newer models too?
    ~Chad
    ------------------

2. EddieN

EddieN Agent

Hi Chad,
    Welcome to the Forum, it kicks ass !!! Anyways, I recently got the 40H80 and I love it. It's only a month old and I still haven't done any major calibration on it. The only service level tweak I did was the 64 point convergence, it was really easy and indeed did make a noticeable difference. I think next I'll do geometry and probably get Avia or Video Essentials to do some other stuff. The Keohi site does have alot of info but most of it doesn't pertain to the 40H80, for example, the only way for us to get rid of SVM is to open the box and disconnect the wire. To answer your other question, all Toshiba products are lacking discrete codes for on / off. I was able to find "discrete" codes for changing the set from Theaterwide to Full mode. Hope this helps.
    Tip: I saw you also posted this question in the HDTV area, next time try the TV area and you'll probably get a quicker response.
    ------------------
    - Eddie

3. Steven Simon

Steven Simon Producer

Steven Simon