What's new

40H80 Owners: Do you have your set on a stand? Need details! (1 Viewer)

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I've been all over hell's creation looking for the ST-4016 stand for the Toshiba 40H80 set. Can't find it anywhere. The most promising lead so far is the Tweeter store by me says they are getting some in at the beginning of September for $300.
Does anyone have this setup on a different stand? Maybe there's a generic (i.e. cheaper) stand out there that will work. Or maybe someone has a custom solution that I can copy.
Any ideas? This is a great set, but it's just a bit too low right now.
Thanks!

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,
I am in the same boat. I have been looking everywhere for it. In fact, I have tried to order it from several on-line places with no luck at all! Onecall is supposed to be getting some in soon, but so it everyone else. I am probably just going to build my own soon. If I do I will send you the details.
Thx.......Shawn

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I brought one of those TV cabinet kits with shelves on the side for your gear and cabinets on the bottom. I just left the top part off and added two more 2x4's for support. The base is about 20" high, which works out great. You can lean back on the couch. It is in black too, so it matches.
Glenn

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Reply is late...
Try Ikea. Picked something up there last winter for about $60 USD that fits the 40H80 just perfectly. It's about 1" too high for me (and I'm 6') when sitting on my sofa, so you either have to remove the castors from the Ikea piece or elevate your couch an inch (I chose the latter).
------------------
My oh so exciting DVD collection.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Actually, I finally found the one place in the world that still has them in stock (OK, probably a slight exaggeration.) ElectronicExpress.com (same as WholesaleConnection.com) has them in stock. Give them a call if you need one. I ordered mine on a Tuesday and received it on a Friday.

errol

Stunt Coordinator
Hi ya folks,
How about a DIY stand ? A fellow enthusiast was able to do it. You can probably do the same and/or even make a few adjustments to meet your needs.
Thanks,
Errol
------------------
Keohi HDTV
Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

Brian Kearns

Auditioning
I'm amazed that somebody finally found one IN STOCK.
I've been waiting for over 2 months for someone to get them in. And now this news comes 1 day too late!!!!
I've had the tv for over a year. And had it on a little DIY type stand that was about 3 and 1/2 inches high.
It was too low and WAY TOO WIDE (made the stand before I got the tv). So I decided I wanted the Toshiba stand 2 months ago but couldn't find it in stock ANYWHERE.
THen yesterday I finally gave up because my line of thinking was all these places were out of stock and kept getting the same line from everywhere "well we got xxx on order and Toshiba says they'll be here on xxx date"
And that date always comes and goes and they give a new date or "next week". I was thinking Toshiba wasn't going to fill the orders especially since they stopped making that size tv and were just going to concentrate on the new tvs.
So I went to Circuit City just browsing at stuff. And found a display type stand that was the floor model for a 43" Hitachi. New it cost $149 and they sold me that model for $99. The plus was it is an exact color match for my audio/video rack. And it has two shelves instead of one underneath.
Now ofcourse it wasn't built for the Toshiba for a "perfect fit" but it was close. Once "centered" on the stand there is about 1" on each side to the end. The depth is perfect.
And the height is 11 and 1/2 inches which is about
2 and 1/2 higher than the official Toshiba stand.
After one movie last night I thought it was a "little" high but thought I just had to get used to it after having it much lower before that. But I do like the stand and the look especially at half the price of the "official" stand and it was already pre-assembled for me so saved me time (it was in perfect condition as well).
If anyone want the model number or a picture let me know and I can email it. [email protected]

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,
I would just like to thank you again for locating the stand and letting everyone else in on it. I took delivery of mine yesterday and my screen height is now at the perfect viewing level.
Thx......Shawn
icon14.gif

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm. I must be the only person who thinks that it is perfect at the height it is.
Maybe my couch is lower than everone's and maybe I slouch too much.
Brian G.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks