40H80 or 46807?? help please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenP, May 25, 2001.

1. StephenP

StephenP Stunt Coordinator

I am trying to decide between two similarly priced widescreen TV's. Can you please give me some pro's and con's of them? I was originally leaning towards the Toshiba, but the larger screen of the Mitsu. appeals to me. Is one better than the other in reliability etc? The toshiba seems to have a lot of posts concerning resetting problems and color deviations, and the Mits doesn't seem to have as many, except for a "red push" issue?? I'm new to all this, but very mechanically and technically minded. If anyone has PC or Radiation questions though, I'm your man...
    Thanks in advance
    Stephen Price

2. Alvin Lau

Alvin Lau Agent

I looked at both the Toshiba 40H80 and the Mitsubishi WT-46807. While both units are very well regarded, the larger screen size of the Mitsubishi TV and the large amount of information/tweak info available from Home Theater Spot made me decide in favor of the WT-46807. It also didn't hurt that it was cheaper than the Toshiba!
    As for picture quality, I couldn't be happier. As expected, cable doesn't look all that good but DVDs look great.