What's new

40ft runs of cable/wiring? (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit
Where can I buy decent but not insanely priced cables? I need 2 sets of component and optical cables for the HT room I am almost finished building.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
You might try ShoppingMatrix.TV I have ordered 20'
component cables from Phoenix Gold and a 20' S-Video cable from Monster Cable, both at well below retail. If I remember, the S-Video was$50($62 with s&h). I believe retail price on that cable was around $79.

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator
If you are doing 40' cables, you may want to go to a high end store and get them to build you some cables out of coax quad 4 sheild. Monster wire have this wire. You get it termanated with coax end and then you add a coax to RCA end on it. I have a 35' pair that I did at my store. the quality is very good since it is a quad shield.

The only thing is that it does cost a little to do it right. The coax wire that I used was $1.00 a foot, of course this is retail and in Canadian dollars. In the US it must be close to half the price it would think.

So that way you can get them to make you your 2 pairs of componant wires. Does not hurt to go and see.

BrianKR

Second Unit
Thx for the input Gary, Mike & Steph.
They don't have to be high end cables. I will be using them for gaming consoles (the XBox & PS2). All of my other components are withing 6 to 12ft of each other.

1$ a foot is very reasonable IMO.
I went to all of the local electronic places in my area and none of them have runs this long or do custom cables. I tried Ebay but the cables I found on there look like junk. I might use the link Mike provided http://www.cablestogo.com/product.a...=2010&sku=29054
if I cant find a place that sells both component and optical. So far I have come up empty handed trying to find optical cables this long.

I cant wait to finish my room and post some pictures.
All I have left to do is some molding and carpeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks