What's new

400Q and X-Box... (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
When I got my X-Box, I got the Hi-Def Kit and I was unable to get it properly set up with my dad's Sony 400Q projector. Does anybody know a way to do it? I think the 400Q is unable to do certain video modes and that's the main problem, but I want to use the 5.1 and hi-def!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
How far do you get in the setup process? Can you get to the dashboard? And are you having problems with all resolution settings, or specific ones?

-Dave

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I plug the cables into the X-Box and to the projector, turn the X-Box on, and then nothing happens. I'm not sure what settings I need to put on in the projector to get it to work.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Does the project accept a 480i signal on that input? That is probably the issue, as the Xbox dashboard always displays in 480i, regardless of what settings are chosen.

If it doesn't accept 480i, your best bet (if possible) is to hook it up to a tv that accepts a 480i signal over the component input, then move the Xbox to the projector. The more expensive option is a 3rd party HD pack that will upscale the 480i input to 480p. I think it's around $65-75. If you are interested, let me know & I'll dig up the info on it (it was in an old Xbox magazine).

-Dave

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I don't think the Sony 400Q will accept a progressive scan signal. Try 480i and see if that works.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks