What's new

400 watts X 7 in one box WOW!! (1 Viewer)

PhilMays

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps a unit like this is for some high end speakers that are not effecient and require alot of watts just to drive them continiously. I'm not sure the brand, but I did see one that needed 50 watts minimum to drive them.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I hope these aren't as unreliable as most Carver amps. Anyone know if Sunfire amps are reliable anymore? MY friend has went thru about 10 of his and they all just have annoying problems with channels going out and the display flaking.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I've had the original Sunfire Cinema Grand for almost 7 years, and it's given me excellent performance and nary a problem. The light for the front display burned out, but that's purley cosmetic (and I prefer less light from my equipment rack anyway).

M.

David Judah

Screenwriter
If you want to read about the Power supply in Bob Carver's own words, you can go here.

I own a Cinema Grand, as well(200 x 5),and have found it to provide effortless power. I have not found it to be noiser than my Adcom amp, which measures lower in the distortion dept. and is of a more traditional design.

DJ

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
If you want to read about the Power supply in Bob Carver's own words, you can go here.

I own a Cinema Grand, as well(200 x 5),and have found it to provide effortless power. I have not found it to be noiser than my Adcom amp, which measures lower in the distortion dept. and is of a more traditional design.
That link didn't work for me, DJ. Can you find that article again?

BTW Noise and distortion are not necessarily the same thing

David Judah

Screenwriter
I can email the article to you as a Word document when I get home, Craig, if you like.

BTW Noise and distortion are not necessarily the same thing
Since we are talking about THD, I'm meaning it in that context. Incidently, I agree with Chu--I think it would have to be unnaturally high for it to be noticeable.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks