What's new

$400 GC at Cambridge Soundworks (1 Viewer)

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Hello All,

I just realized I had a GC for $400 at Cambridge. I know nothing about them. I know nothing about them, but figured I might as well use it. For my HT set up, my weakest link is the receiver, a Yamaha RX V995. But to be honest, I don't really have a need for more.

What should I spend the four hundred bucks on that would an improvement to my HT?

Thank you,
Don

Ron Connolly

Agent
Real Name
Ron

Hi Don!
I think if I forgot I had a $400 GC the first thing I would buy is a white board and some markers so I could make a note of it and hang the white board in a prominent place like on the inside of the front door. Just kidding! DO you need another subwoofer? how about Cambridge SoundWorks BassCube 12S Powered Subwoofer for $349.99.
Have fun with it!

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Hello Ron,

Thanks for making me smile! I don't know if I will need another sub, I think they one I am buying is going to be a thunderbolt, but we will see. I don't know if they sell DVD players, but a High Def DVD might be an option as well!

Thank you,
Don

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
That Yamaha receiver is a few years old, but it's a well respected unit.

See if Cambridge Soundworks sells Logitech Harmony universal remotes. These are wonderful devices to give you one-button control of your system. I spent about $120 for the 688 model (which has PVR skip forward/back buttons).

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don

Hello Bob,

I have a Harmony 890 and friggin love that thing. I have enjoyed it so much that I bought my mother a 880 for Mother's day (its in the tweaking thread under remotes).

I am pretty happy with my current receiver, I guess I will just hold on the the GC, until I find out what is happening with the format war.

Thank you,
Don

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks