What's new

40 years of James Bond Movies (2 Viewers)

David Echo

Stunt Coordinator
James Bond. Where to start? I grew up on the James Bond movies. I've easily seen them all more the 20 times each (well, the Brosnan ones maybe 10 times as of yet.) For the record there have been 20 "Official" Bond movies made from 1962 to 2002, they are:

Dr. No (1962)
From Russia With Love (1963)
Goldfinger (1964)
Thunderball (1965)
You Only Live Twice (1967)
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
Live And Let Die (1973)
The Man With The Golden Gun (1974)
The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
Moonraker (1979)
For Your Eyes Only (1981)
Octopussy (1983)
A View To A Kill (1985)
The Living Daylights (1987)
License To Kill (1989)
Goldeneye (1995)
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
The World Is Not Enough (1999)
Die Another Day (2002)

By the time I was born in 1968, the Bond franchise had already hit it's peak and was in a slight decline. There are a few traditional ways of looking at the Bond films as a whole: By actor playing Bond, By Villains, and by decade - all perfectly acceptable but I would suggest that there is yet another way to view the series, a way that sees the Brosnan Bond as a wholly different creature from the previous Bonds. First though let's make a quick review of the traditional ways.

By Actor: Five actors have played Bond to date - Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan. With the exception of Lazenby each has made the role their own. From Connery's brawling, thug-in-a-good-suit Bond to Moore's karate chopping, wit as dry as a martini Bond to Dalton's working class, screw MI6 and it's bloody rules Bond to Brosnan's assault rifle toting yet curiously new age Bond each has left their own indelible mark on the series. Brosnan, however, is playing a completely different character from the others - oddly enough both are named Bond.

By Villains: From Dr. No until Diamond are Forever there was only one Bond villain - SPECTRE with Blofeld at it's head. Well OK Goldfinger was there as well but he more correctly fits in with the Pantheon of Industrialist villains which also include Stromberg (Spy Who Loved Me), Drax (Moonraker), Zorin (View To A Kill), Carver (Tomorrow Never Dies), and King (World Is Not Enough.) Drug Barons have been the villains in 3 times (Live And Let Die, Living Daylights, Licence To Kill). The films with one-off villains are Man With The Golden Gun, For Your Eyes Only, Octopussy, and Goldeneye.

By Decade: Each decade gets the Bond films it deserves. They are time capsules of when they are made. In the 60's Connery's Bond fought Spectre and Blofeld in a series of escalating confrontations full of tight action, lightning quick pacing and tense scripting. Unfortunately their final encounter took place in Las Vegas in 1971 full of glitz and the Playboy image. Bond films in the 70's were grand stunt spectacles with a thin narrative, some T&A, and Moore's charisma to tie them all together. By the 80's the Bond series had fallen from being secret agent films to being American style action movies with a secret agent (instead of the usual cop) as the main character. The 90's would see this change once again.

I've already mentioned that these are the most basic ways to view the series as a whole but I believe there is yet another way that has not yet been discussed much, or at least one which I have not yet seen discussed because it allows for a new interpretation of the Bond character.

Simply put the Connery, Lazenby, Moore, and Dalton Bonds are all shades of the same character where as the Brosnon Bond it a radical re-imaging of the Classic Bond. Classic Bond is a NATO-centric Bond, the new Brosnan Bond is, for want of a better term, a Euro-centric Bond.

NATO Bond was born in the midst of the Cold War, when the world was ruled by the two superpowers - The United States and the USSR. Britain, as close ally to the US, had a vital role to play in maintaining this balance of power. In the Bond films, Bond himself is Britain's secret weapon unleashed to help further this end. The majority of Bond's missions impact dirty on the fate of the US. Dr. No plans to disrupt missile tests, Goldfinger's goal is to irradiate the gold supply at Fort Knox, etc. etc... Rarely, if ever, do NATO Bond's missions only center on saving Britain. In the NATO Bond films, Britain and the US are very strongly inter-connected. But starting with Euro-Bond and Goldeneye Britain has abandoned the US in favor of more closely allying itself with Europe and European concerns.

If the Bond films began as purely British spy adventures and mutated slowing over time to become American style action films, then Goldeneye changed all that. It certainly more closely resembles a European film than an American one. Pacing, use of music, characters, settings, even special effects seem to conform better to a European mind-set than an American one. To be fair the other two Brosnan Bonds (Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough) do drop some of the more obvious filmic European-isms but their plots and characters still do bend this way.

In the NATO Bond Films Bond's American counterpart is Felix Leiter a CIA agent and Bond's closest friend. Felix is portrayed as a supremely competent intelligence agent on par with Bond himself. Now let's look at the Euro-Bond films. Here we find CIA agent Jack Wade, a sort of cross between Felix Leiter and J.W. Pepper, that slobbish hick cop from Live And Let Die and Man With The Golden Gun. Here is a man who is nowhere near Bond's level but he means well I guess. So much for US/British relations. Euro-Bond's greatest ally is Valentin Dmitrovich Zukovsky, an ex-KGB officer. He is presented as possibly being an equal to Bond.

Also the threats faced by Euro-Bond have little to no direct bearing on the US at all. In Goldeneye 006 wished to electronically reduce Great Britain back to the Stone Age. In Tomorrow Never Dies, Carver wanted to start a war between China and the UK. And in The World is Not Enough Electra King wanted to destroy the pipelines feeding Eastern oil into Western Europe.

I don't think this has been an intentional shift on the part of the producers but rather an interesting sub-text that emerges while watching the films and one which I have not seen expressed anywhere else before. I'm curious to see if Die Another Day follows in this recent pattern.

So what do you all think? Does this hypothesis hold water? Does anyone else see any more evidence that I may have missed? Or just wish to talk about other aspects of all things Bond?

I thought this might be a fun way to pass the time while waiting for the 20th Bond film to come out.

For the record my top 5 and bottom 5 Bonds are:

Top 5

1) TIE Dr. No / From Russia With Love
2) Goldfinger
3) The Spy Who Loved Me
4) The Living Daylights
5) The World Is Not Enough

Honorable Mention: On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Bottom 5

1) Moonraker
2) You Only Live Twice
3) A View To A Kill
4) Goldeneye
5) Diamonds Are Forever

Dave

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Top Five:

1) License to Kill
2) Thunderball
3) Goldfinger
4) The Spy Who Loved Me
5) On Her Majestys Secret Service

I have always been against the grain in that I like Timothy Dalton the best. He is to me a cold blooded spy, an Ian Flemming Bond. I give him props for going against the type of what audiences expected out of the character, and frankly I thought it brought a little life back to the role after a few weak outings by Roger Moore.

One of my favorite scenes in all of the bonds is a very small, what could be thought of as a, throw away scene in OHMSS. Lazenby has just resigned his post and proceeds to empty out his desk and office. We always see James at the office, yet never, in his office. About the only time the spy might have actually been behind a desk during his job.

Anyhow, looking forward to Novemember and Die Another Die.

-- Matt

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Pardon me if I come off a bit rude, but why must every movie have to do with the U.S.? I realize you never said you prefer the American style, and yes I have noticed the more europeon tone in the Brosnan era films. Still, one of the things that attracts me to 007 movies is the international tone. I mean, so many movies are centered around the U.S. So much of what we see take place in U.S. Whenever aliens or giant asteroids are threatening the earth, it's always the States that are being targetted, and the states government that have all the solutions.

Turn to 007. Dr. No, we're in Jamaica, (Pardon my spelling), From Russia With Love is obviously in Russia. Goldfinger whilst carrying a lot of American scenes, still has many scenes in Britian, not to mention the fact that Sean Connery never set foot on U.S. land during the shoot. When it comes to 007, it's a lot more international. Not everything centres or involves the U.S. in some way. It's not like I can't stand watching U.S. based films, it's just that I enjoy the more global feel of James Bond.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
David,
To quote Vader, "impressive, most impressive"
You took time to express your thoughts and I enjoyed reading it. I'm a bond fan myself. I'm a bit older (born in '63) and so when I was really old enough to be ALLOWED to watch the Bonds, I kind of grew up with Roger Moore as Bond. That being said I have loved most of them. Didn't care for OHMSS at all. In fact it's the only one I have never owned or taped off tv.

Connery was great too. Moore should have quit after Octopussy....Waaaaaay to old in View to a Kill.

Dalton was very good.

Brosnan is the perfect choice for today.

About Plot shifting. I think you're right. For one thing, Bond is HUGE worldwide. The films do good in the US...usually top off around 130 million. Good, but the recent Bond do better globally. In fact I prefer the storyline take ME from here and to other countries...espionage etc...Also, I love all the exotic places and erotic women (I mean exotic) women.

The badass cars and gadgets. Never get too old for those. Love the scene in Tomorrow Never Dies in the parking garage when 007 uses the phone to drive the car! Kewel!

My top five are:

1. Octopussy
"I need refilling"
..."well, of course you do"

2. From Russia With Love
"horrible woman",
Bond "yes, she's had her kicks"

3. The Spy Who Loved Me
"Bond, what are you doing?!"
"keeping the British end up sir"

4. Tomorrow Never Dies
"just finishing off a little danish"

5. Dr. No (so raw, and yet Ursela Andress!)
my favorite line from Dr. No. Ursela asks Bond, "looking for shells?!" as she strolls out of the sea looking like a Goddess. Bond answers, "no, I'm just looking."

Bottom 5:

1. OHMSS
2. View to a Kill
3. World is Not Enough (good movie, but would be better if Denise Richards wouldn't speak.)
4. Thunderball
5. License to Kill (miami vice goes film)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'm old school all the way as far as the BOND series goes. That said I think CONNERY is the perfect Cinematic BOND and obviously my favorite.

I don't have a problem with MOORE (who was a very different BOND) other than the fact he starred in most of the weaker entries (Moonraker, A View To A Kill, Man With The Golden Gun) and at times sleepwalked through his performances.

The DALTON BOND is the closest incantation of the literary BOND. DALTON has a small but strong following. By the time DALTON got the role the BOND franchise had taken a back-seat to other action films such as INDIANA JONES, DIE HARD, LETHAL WEAPON & TERMINATOR.

The uber-slick BROSNAN BOND fits perfectly into the current wave of Hollywood action spectacles. Pure entertainment but nothing very memorable.

TOP 5
1. FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
2. ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE
3. GOLDFINGER
4. THUNDERBALL - very underrated
5. DR NO - Crude by todays standards but still a classic.

Honorable mentions
SPY WHO LOVED ME - The best of the MOORE films.
LICENSE TO KILL - Best DALTON film
WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH - BROSNAN finally grows into the role.

Guilty Pleasure
YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - Cheesy as hell but damn fun to watch.

I only have 4 films that I think are flat out bad films.

BOTTOM 4
19. MOONRAKER
18. A VIEW TO A KILL
17. DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER
18. MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Actually, From Russia With Love takes place in Yugoslavia and Turkey with smaller scenes in Venice and the UK. None of it takes place in Russia. :b

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Favorite Bond movies by decade...

60's - You Only Live Twice (The ultimate in 60's spy mania, gadgets galore, bald villain stroking white cat, rockets swallowing rockets, hundreds of ninjas attacking Blofelds volcanic lair, a bored unfazed superspy, girls! girls! girls! and a gorgeous score by John Barry the icing on the cake, perfect!)

70's - The Spy Who Loved Me (Roger Moore's finest 2 hours, prob the best Bond movie of them all)

80's - The Living Daylights (Timothy Dalton, a great 007, another superb Barry score)

90's - Tomorrow Never Dies (incredible action set pieces + Michelle Yeoh kickin' ass = Best Brosnan Bond, so far)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
OK, this thread got me thinking (it's a good one!).
While I miss the Broccoli years, I'm impressed with how Bond has become relevant in the post-cold war era. Now that we are in the mega terrorist era I think Bond has a whole new role to play as champion of the West. Let's hope the Bond producers see fit to follow in this mould.
My choices for best Bonds:
Dr. No - First outing and not a gadget anywhere. Bond is smooth but cold. I don't know what it is but I love the atmosphere of this one. Bond gets very lucky in more ways than one, but that island music, exotic women, and a plot you're not sure of because it doesn't fit the Bond formula. "Underneath the mango tree...."
The Spy Who Loved Me - Barbara Bach in that black evening gown among the pyramids! WOW!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
That Lotus! Jaws! And a solid thriller plot.... Bond is perfectly balanced here and the best of the Moore outings I agree.
Goldfinger - "My name is Pussy Galore." Oddjob, the Aston Martin, the golden girl, psycho industrialist, and Bond bumbling through the whole thing with one of the few Bond girls to match him. It's pure fun and not formulaic either. "I never joke about my work 007."; "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!". This the classic Bond. The one that wraps the whole series into one neat and tidy package.
Tomorrow Never Dies - Oh yeah. Michelle is HOT. Michelle kicks ass. This is one sweet and fast formula Bond that feels warm and sweet going down. Brosnan is right on key and you can see him fulfilling his life's ambition and feel happy for him.
These are my three faves but I also like From Russia With Love . An outstanding supporting cast pushes Bond to the background but there's an overwhelming sense of cold war trouble that isn't over-the-top. This is the one that could really happen. This is what it's like to be a spy.
And my two guilty pleasures: The Man With the Golden Gun because that theme music sounds sooooo bad ass and the mirror shoot-out is a great copy of Welles. The car chase rocks (if only that stupid whistle wasn't in it), and that fat-ass sheriff humorously reminds the viewer just how unreachable the Bond world is. I really like this one. The other guilty pleasure is For Your Eyes Only. Forget the whining teenager and you actually have a good Bond outing. The lusciously stunning Carole Bouquet makes every scene she's in such a delight you don't care about anything else. There's a great ski chase and the late Cassandra Harris (Mrs. Pierce Brosnan) actually gives a warm and personal performance as a world-weary jet-set fraud. She seems to me to be the one woman in the whole series who is on the same wavelength as Bond. Both live in a world in which they only pretend to belong and their loneliness brings them together. She's too smart to fall in love with him, but they need each other if only because they're two souls from the same town meeting far away from home.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Erm...yeah...From Russia With Love...I must rewatch that at some point then...

Here are my ratings of all the films.

Dr. No - 3 stars - Good introduction to the series, a bit slow at times, action is weak, but good plot.

From Russia With Love - 4 stars - Good spy thriller type. Great plot, and you gotta love the sequence on the train.

Goldfinger - 5 stars - Probably my favorite! Great villian, great gadjets, great action, and the most unique Bond girl ever!

Thunderball - 3.5 stars - Entertaining film. Good action. Drags a bit at times, but a good story.

You Only Live Twice - 4 stars - Sure it's crazy, sure it's out of this world, but it's Roald Dahl! This is a fun movie! Great climax!

On Her Majesty's Secret Service - 4.5 stars - Heavily underated. While I can't help but long to see it with Sean Connery in the role, it's got a degree of human touch that the other films lack. Good love story with tragic ending. There's some real drama here.

Diamonds Are Forever - 2.5 stars - A bit of a letdown, considering they practically forget that Bond ever got married, and all the drama from the last picture is treated with little respect. Still entertaining. Love the Vegas setting, but the Blofeld makeover was unnecessary, and the climax was a bit dull.

Live and Let Die - 2.5 stars - Not spectacular really, but an overall average Bond film. Roger Moore didn't have much to work with here.

The Man With The Golden Gun - 2 stars - My least favorite Bond film, (save for Never Say Never Again). A Bond girl who's insulting to call a secret agent, and an even duller climax cut this movie short.

The Spy Who Loved Me - 4 stars - Roger Moore breaks out! A really fun thriller. The sets are great, and the Bond girl really contributes to the story, rather than just filling the "Bond girl" role.

MoonRaker - 2 stars - They had a sucess with the previous film, then went too far. Not bad up until the climax, then you shudder at what you're watching, say the U.S. space army being unleashed attacking the villian with laser guns. NOOOOOOOOO!

For Your Eyes Only - 3 stars - A good change of pace from the too comic book world that the previous films took place. More of an emphasis on story rather than action is good here.

Octopussy - 4.5 stars - I'm not sure why, but I really enjoyed this movie. Octopussy herself is a standout "Bond girl" here, and the climax really had me on the edge of my seat. Great movie!

A View To A Kill - 3 stars - Could've been great. A great villian, and a great climax. I didn't mind Roger Moore's age. Only...that Bond girl...argh..."JAMES! HELP ME JAMES!" Please, do something by yourself.

The Living Daylights - 3.5 stars - I really enjoyed the new tone of the series here. A new more spyish tone and hard edge adds a real dramatic spin to this movie.

Licence to Kill - 4 stars - The more rogue tone of this one turned a few people off, but I thought the personal vengeance story added a lot to the series. Bond showed a lot of real emotion here, and it took him to a level we've never seen him go to.

Goldeneye - 3.5 stars - Not a bad film. Bit slow at times, but entertaining. Good action, and a really smart Bond girl!

Tomorrow Never Dies - 4 stars - Gotta love Michelle Yeoh! A Bond girl who's matches Bond in strength, wit, and ego! I felt sad leaving the theatre, knowing that she and Bond will not be together at the start of the next picture. Great action sets also!

The World is Not Enough - 3 stars - They waver back towards telling a spy story, and it works out pretty well, but I think Ebert was right in that the action tends to interrupt the pace of the plot. Also, WHY did they have to cast Denise Richards? She's not as bad as A View To a Kill's girl, but she is NOT a nuclear physicist.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
To give some perspective here, I grew up on Roger Moore as Bond, so I am kinda partial to him. Moonraker was my first Bond film, and I've seen from Octopussy on in the movie theaters.

Sean Connery - He gave the role style and class no one else since has been able to do. Goldfinger is the ultimate Bond film. All of his films have something to offer, even Diamonds Are Forever.

George Lazenby - He never felt like Bond to me. Too much of a pretty boy.

Roger Moore - He had his own charm. In fact, he depended more on his charm than his fists. It also brought in the humor that a lot of people thought brought down the franchise. I'm kinda partial to Live And Let Die, Moonraker, and The Spy Who Loved Me.

Timothy Dalton - As someone else said, most like the literary Bond, someone who has no qualms stomping on someone if they get in his way. Unfortunatly, it came at a time when the franchise was failing, partially because Roger Moore was kept for one movie too long. The Living Daylights was the better of the two, in my view.

Pierce Brosnan - Probably the Bond we should have gotten instead of Dalton, but Remmington Steele wouldn't let him go. He's done a solid job, but it is too bad he doesn't have better writers. It is really what holds back his films. Tomorrow Never Dies was the best of the three, and that's primarily because of Michelle Yeoh's presence.

Jason

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
I have only seen nine of the Bond movies.. (I've probably seen more on television, but these are the ones that I remember well.)
Dr. No : :star: :star: :star:
From Russia with Love : :star: :star: :star: :star:
Goldfinger : :star: :star: :star: :star: - I don't like having to choose between FRWL and Goldfinger, but I think I'd choose Goldfinger.
Thunderball : :star: :star: 1/2
You only Live Twice : :star: :star: :star:
Licence to Kill : :star: :star: :star: 1/2
GoldenEye : :star: :star: :star:
Tomorrow Never Dies : :star: :star: 1/2
The World is Not Enough : :star: :star: :star:

GregoryM

Agent
Actually, Q does appear in Dr. No, but his real name is used (Major Boothroyd) and he's played by a different actor, but it's the same character. The only movie that doesn't have Q in it is "Live and Let Die."

My ratings (out of 4 stars)

Dr. No: ***1/2
From Russia With Love: ****
Goldfinger: ****
Thunderball: ***
You Only Live Twice: **1/2
On Her Majesty's Secret Service: ***
Diamonds Are Forever: *1/2
Live and Let Die: **1/2
The Man With the Golden Gun: **1/2
The Spy Who Loved Me: ***
Moonraker: *
For Your Eyes Only: ***
Octopussy: **1/2
A View to a Kill: *
The Living Daylights: ***
License to Kill: ***1/2
Goldeneye: ***
Tomorrow Never Dies: ****
The World Is Not Enough: ***

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hello all,
David, a great post! I too, am a big Bond fan. I feel that Brosnan is one of the best Bond's since Connery. I was born during the Moore years (a year before The Spy Who Loved Me to be exact) but I personally never understood why most people I know like whichever actor they grew up with. In my opinion, Sean Connery was and is THE best James Bond. It doesn't matter that I was born a few years after he did Diamonds Are Forever in 1971. He was the first, the trailblazer, if you will, and always will be. The way I look at it, every actor to play Bond brought something different to how they played the character. Except for Lazenby whom I hated for 2 main reasons, one, he was far too young to play the character who is supposed to be in or around his 40's, two, he was also too inexperienced as an actor. I get the feeling that Broccoli and Saltzman decided on this ex-carsalesman and model because they could hire him for cheap, and, hope that he would not want to reprise the role considering how the film ended. I like Mr. Brosnan's Bond as he combines the best elements of Connery with the slick dry wit of Moore and can be deadly serious as Dalton did best, when required. It may come as a surprise to some, but GOLDENEYE is my favorite of the Brosnan films so far for a few reasons: 1. It has one of the best villans in the series, I mean, who better to take on Bond than an ex-double-o agent whom Bond worked with side-by-side on occasion. 2. the great opening credit sequence showing the fall of communism and the end of the cold war catapulting Bond into the 90's. 3. The amazingly written scene where Bond and his new boss (played by the always excellant Judi Dench) square off and she calls him "a sexist mysoginist dinosaur, a relic of the cold war, whose boyish charms are wasted on me...". 4. Eric Serra's great score. 5. And last but not least, the other well written scene where Alec psycho-analyzes Bond by asking him "if all the vodka martinis ever silence the screams of all the men you've killed, or if you ever find forgiveness in the arms of all those willing women...for all the dead ones you've failed to protect". That perfectly defines the character of Bond to me, a tarnished man who lives for the job and considers women to be objects ever since his wife was killed.
For the record, here are my top 5 favourite titles:
1. Dr. No (For many reasons including Terence Young's great direction)
2. Thunderball (Mainly because I'm also a scuba diver and thought Ricou Browning's underwater photography was brilliant thruought the exciting war beneath the waves)
3. The Spy Who Loved Me (easily my favourite Roger Moore film)
4. Licence To Kill (which I think is totally under-rated and has deservedly gained a following in the 13 years since its release)
5. Goldeneye (which I've already explained above)
Thanks for reading eveyone and I anxiously await the release of DIE ANOTHER DAY in Novenmber. I'm much more excited about it that the upcoming Matrix sequels or the Lord of the Rings:The Two Towers.
"I'm sorry Andre, but I must pass the shoe". Dr. No (1962)
HAPPY 40TH ANNIVERSARY MR.BOND, JAMES BOND!!
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
My opinion:
The Living Daylights
The best Bond film, with an excellent mix of action, suspense and a decent love story. It doesn't quite work with the villains, but their story is well grounded. Dalton is fantastic in the role, I could be here all day discussing his work in this one. Suffice to say, the first 25 minutes of TLD are the best Bond footage you'll ever see.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
My Top 5
1. The Man With The Golden Gun Cracking good story and Christopher Lee perfect as the intelligent adversary.
2. Goldfinger Slightly dated but still, a great script, a top villain & henchman, and Honor Blackman.
3. From Russia With Love Back when James Bond was a spy series. Terrific thriller, and the best of the SPECTREs.
4. License To Kill Dalton is the most true-to-Fleming James Bond, and it's a real pity that this gritty entry was his last. Even worse that it was followed by Goldeneye and Brosnan.
5. On Her Majesty's Secret Service Great story, shame about the lead actor's (dubbed at times) accent. Diana Rigg clinches this one.
My Bottom 5
1. Goldeneye Dreadful return for Bond, with a revolting new version of the theme tune, and a leading lady who spends half the film in a cardigan.
2. The World Is Not Enough Brosnan just can't deliver the lines, and spends most of his time outrunning explosions, like in most recent Hollywood actioners. The script is extremely poor. Denise Richards as a scientist? Even I can't suspend disbelief on that one.
3. The Living Daylights Save for the pre-credits opener, this is a plodding, unexciting caper, and Maryam d'Abo is just not good enough.
4 Octopussy The one with Louis Jordan and Maud Adams. What a waste a talent.
5. Thunderball Plodding, overlong underwater sequences ruins what would otherwise be a rather good outing.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
>>Actually, I think it was this:
PUSSY: I'm Pussy Galore
CONNERY: I know you are, but what is your name

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks