What's new

40" Sony Bravia LCD Questions (1 Viewer)

hockeypuck

Auditioning
Real Name
Robbie
Hello all,
Noob here. I have been into A/V for years but have not had much hands on in the hd area yet.

My buddy bought 40" sony lcd the other day and called me to hook it up to comcast HD box through HDMI. Did this and got nice signal but couple problems.

Comcast box is outputting 1080i.

1. When changing channels the video cuts out. Sometimes it comes back, sometimes it doesnt. You have to turn the tv off then on to fix???? I heard something about going from Hd to nonHD channels????

2. It seemed that the HDMI input on the comcst box was loose??? I was moving the box around and it woudl loose video but then if I "pushed" on the HDMI cable, it would get a picture??? Or is the HDMI cable just touchy.

Any help would be great.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
HDMI cables can be touchy. I can see the video cutting out briefly when changing channels, but to cut out and not come back withoiut powering down the TV? That is odd. You may want to forget about HDMI and just use component cables.

hockeypuck

Auditioning
Real Name
Robbie
Problem solved.........

It was a bad cable box.

Picture is beautiful at 1080i.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks