What's new

40 minute FRIENDS tonight... (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just a heads up to my fellow time shifters. Will & Grace follows with a 40 minute episode also. This has got to be a disaster for syndication down the road.
Those of you with TIVO probably don't need to worry about these things. LaDeDa.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That is bizarre! Basically you have 40 minutes of Friends, Will and Grace, and Scrubs. Good Morning Miami gets shafted.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Damn! I really wanted to watch GMM! That's a good show. Oh well, I love the three getting the special 40 minute treatment!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I thought it was a 50-minute "Friends" (radio ads: "super size Friends, nearly 20 more minutes!"), with a 40-min W&G, and a regular 30-min "Scrubs"?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Well, my TiVo recorded 40 minutes (as shown in the schedule), but the episode wasn't over. :frowning: Can anybody give a quick synopsis of what happened starting when Ross sat down to fire Sandy. I saw up to the point where they were talking about Ross' Dad.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I think it ran about 45 minutes. Craig, a brief recap:

Ross sits down to fire Freddie Prinze (Sandy) and Sandy asks why. Ross says because Sandy is too sensitive. Sandy said he understands, but asks Ross why that bothers him...basically playing a budding psychologist in the process. Ross gives up that his dad always thought he was too sensitive since he always wanted to play with dinosaurs instead of doing more "manly" things as a child. Both he and Sandy start weeping together. Probably sounds serious, but it wasn't. It was funny as hell. Actually, I felt the epsiode was one of the best if not the best of the season.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just another episode where I was totally annoyed by "Ross." Damn, I'm sick of that character. :thumbsdown: He becomes less likable every week. Why can't the writers send *him* out of state (or country) on some paleontological dig or something just so we don't have to see him anymore.
The best episode this season was the one where Ross kept getting punched. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Because she is just as unpleasant. (Has Jenifer Aniston ever played a likable character? Does she have it in her?)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, on the show, most of them don't... :)
Personally, I think Ross is the funniest character on the show.
Oh, and yes. the episode ran just under 45 minutes. "Will & Grace" was 40 minutes, but ran 4 minutes over schedule. Thankfully I had set the VCR to tape 5 minutes over as usual, so I got the ending too. I don't see why they couldn't have announced the correct times.
/Mike

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Thanks for the recap on the final 5 minutes, right when Ross sits down with Sandy my TiVo asked if I wanted to delete it.

Ross is just behind Chandler as my favorite friend.

Joey-"Don't know when to shut up do you?"
Ross-"Nope, that's my thing." I thought that was so funny.

Phoebe's new boyfriend playing air Piano has been the best moment so far this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks