What's new

4 Tempests? What would you do with them? (1 Viewer)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
I have 4 Tempests laying around from my old car audio days...Now I have 2 Brahma's :) Anyway I'm looking for a powerful setup that will kill my 2 SVS25-31 CS+'s w/Sampson1000 amp in my living room. This of course is going into the HT room. I'm thinking about building a raised seating platform and throwing them into that. I have 4 PE250 plate amps from other hobbies that I collected. Any ideas, box sizes, best tuning freq, where to buy earthquake insurance?

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Definitely sounds like an IB issue to me, do you have anything like a crawlspace, basement, or attic that you can use as a "box"?

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
I think Robert has your answer. The IB would be awesome. Using 4 Tempests with no box gives me chills. I wish I could do this.

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Wow. Dude, you have some fantastic "leftovers"!! :)

If you have a crawlspace available I'd also agree that you could make one incredible IB out of what you have... Imagine this:

With those 4 plate amps mounted to the back. Now imagine the whole neighborhood shaking violently. :D

Jonathan_D

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, what kind of maintenance are you guys having to do to your homes when you turn these suckers up? I mean, I have a Klipsch 12 inch sub in my living room system that, when I turn it up, rattles my walls. Doesn't sound great, but rattles the walls.

I'm anticipating my Tempest, which is going in another room, to do even more. I can't even imagine what four tempests up in my attic would do to my house! Of course, it might just keep the damn termites away!! ;)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i personally go with stereo subbing, make two large enclosures with a couple really really big ports on each, with the two drivers one right on top of the other front firing of couse. and plop them either side of your tv and you will be good to go

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Or how about this... you could make a coffee table out of 2 of them (down firing) and a riser out of the other 2, firing up into a second row couch...

this is fun! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks