4 day turn around for State tax refund...is it always this fast?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis Hedger, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

This is the first year I have not had to pay into state taxes for quite some time. Me and the wife filed electronically on Tuesday just 4 days ago and my bank account already shows a deposit for our state refund. Is it always this fast or am I just lucky this time around.

Fed return still has a few days to process.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I can't speak for other states, but this was the first year that Wisconsin offered e-filing and my refund was back to me in less than 5 days as well. If you choose direct deposit, they state that you should have your deposit back within 5 days of your filing. That is a sweet deal. Federal says 10-16 days.

Bruce

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I did my state taxes via Telefile and got my refund check in less than a week. That's the fastest I've ever gotten a refund.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Ever since the Feds and then the states started offering e-filing of your taxes the turn around time on refunds has really started to shrink. Here in Missouri it usually takes about 10 to 14 days to get a check sent to you. For direct deposit it is about 5 days on the average.

Parker

5. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I filed my state taxes on a Friday at the end of January. The funds were in my account the following Wednesday. I was shocked.

6. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    Dammit!
    WTF? I filed electronically on the 15th and just got my refund (DD) on the 28th [​IMG]

7. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Henry,

States no doubt differ on turn around time. States like Wisconsin, which has a population of roughly 4.5 million people will certainly be able to process returns faster than a state like Texas which has a population of roughly 20.8 million. So...13 days is not all that out of line for getting a refund.

Bruce

8. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I can't WAIT to get my tax refund!! I'm filing electronically tonight. [​IMG]

9. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Travis,

It took only 4 days for Oklahoma to give me my money back. Now I wish the federal government would give me my damn $1400s so I can go buy my HDTV.

10. Bill Eberhardt

Bill Eberhardt Stunt Coordinator

Wow, you folks sure are generous letting the government hold your money for you interest free. Whenever I hear of somebody doing that, I offer to let them give me $20 a week and tell them after a year I'll give them back $1040. Nobody has taken me up on my offer. Wonder why?

I always send my check in on April 15th from funds that have been acumulating in my savings account all year long. Whatever I have left I buy something nice for myself. Imagine, just like a refund, only bigger.

I've heard a lot of arguements for getting a refund - I just don't understand them.

11. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I guess the main argument Bill is that most people don't have the fiscal will power to set aside the extra monies in a bank account each pay period and let it collect interest. At least that's the reasoning I've gotten from the numerous people I've talk to. They'd rather let the government hang onto it for a year, in spite of the lost interest.