What's new

4:3 on a 16:9 screen (1 Viewer)

NateF

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a refurbished Electrohome ECP 4100 and a 103" 16:9 screen. Now, I want movies to use the whole screen, because I watch more movies than anything else. That's easy enough... but now when I show a 4:3 source, it bleeds off the top and bottom of the screen a lot. This was to be expected, but I was wondering if there is any easy way to make the projector shrink 4:3 images so they fit on the screen (not squeezed, but using the whole height and not all the width). Any suggestions?
-Nate

Jon_Mx

Agent
I take it your projector has no zoom and you can't move it easily, so a lens may be your best solution. You need to shrink the 4:3 image size down by 25% to fit in the 16:9 area. Another solution may be an HTPC, I don't own one though, but I would think it might be able to do this.

NateF

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, it's a CRT projector, so it can only change the image size by about 10%, not nearly enough. I can't afford to spend another $1000+ on a HTPC right now, unfortunately - I pretty much put myself in the poor house with this purchase. I was hoping there was some function on the projector or iScan or something that I had missed.
-Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks