What's new

4-16-05 4th Cleveland HT Meet!!!! Come on over! (1 Viewer)

RobertRich

Grip
You know, the 2910 doesn't upconvert over component. I honestly thought it did. I can't find any instructions on doing that in the owner's manual. Then again, I've got it connected to my HDTV via HDMI, on which it does upconvert to 720p, the native resolution of the TV. If you guys can get hold of the conversion cable for your projector, that'd be great.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Robert,

Absolutely! Don't worry, this isn't the Little Rascals, your wife is welcome!:D

I still don't know about that cable, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Mike,

Your DVD is all set.

I'll see you guys later today.

George

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Thanks again for hosting the meet, George. It was a good turn out this time for sure. Nice job on the screen contest.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Thanks for the kind words, Mike.

And I'd like to thank everyone for coming, it seemed as if everyone had a fun time and it was nice to see some new faces. I'm happy the screenshot contest went well.

If anyone is interested, I plan on having a "Team America" party toward the end of May, since the DVD comes out the 17th or 19th, whatever it is. If South Park makes you laugh, this should too. I personally thought it was the funniest movie I can remember seeing.

Ok, until I post again....
George

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey guys,

You're all invited to my house May 21, for a "Team America" party. Unless the DVD is delayed again. 7:00 show up time.

Imagine that, an actual movie is going to be watched!

Let me know if you'd like to be there!
George

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hi, Al! I wish I had some extra spending $$$. Sorry.

Kip,

How's everything going? I hope everything turned out all right.

So, who's coming to my house to watch "Team America" the 21st at 7:00? Mark was going to, then found out he's being taken to Florida for his 50th birthday! Lucky guy.:angry: :D

Go Tribe!
George

Kip*D

Agent
Hey George,

I am fine and everything is taken care of thanks.
It looks like Scott and I missed a good time.

I was measuring my front wall for a 103" or 110" Silverstar last night. My ceilings are not quite 7' so the 110" takes up a lot of wall space. Maybe the 103" is the way to go. Which border did you get the standard or deluxe?
I am not yet in a position to buy either the projector or screen but I might be in a few months.

Kip

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey Kip,

I'm glad things are good. The meet was a lot of fun again, and now you and Mike will have to have a faceoff to see who really is the best at the screenshot contests! He's this meet's champ.:D

I have the 1" border. I don't know if it's the standard or deluxe, because they didn't use those terms when I bought it.

Could you PM the prices you're getting on those sizes?

George

Kip*D

Agent
George,

I haven't even found out the "real" prices of what I am buying only MSRP. I am basing my budget on the MSRP. When I get the prices for the stuff I can hopefully buy I will PM you with all the details.

I think Mike may beat me. I pulled one or two of those answers out of my ass--luckily I guess correctly.

Kip

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Well, it is official...I closed on my condo/townhouse yesterday, take possesion on the first and will be moving mid june.

I actually have basement to put the HT in. Unfortunately it is a square room, so I will most likely need to do some tweaking to get the sound right.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Congrats, Mike! Of course you have to tweak, it's the fun part of the hobby! Finally, you'll be able to play your system at whatever volume you choose.:D

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Tweaking is pretty fun. Not sure how loud I will be able to play since I have a connected neighbor on either side, but I do have a basement so that should really help the noise. I will just have to do a sound check to see what is reasonable. I should be able to play it louder than in my apartment.

I am interested to see what kind of sound I get down in the basement, plus I will finally be able to have a screen, paint the room black, etc. It should be fun.

I still in the concept faze of the projector mount, not sure how I want to do it. I want the mount to be simple, but able to handle adjustments easily. Right now I am thinking some big lag screws and a piece of wood. That way the projector wouldn't be set in place and I could control pitch, levelness, etc without much hassle.

Any other ideas?

Kip*D

Agent
Mike,

I have all my stuff in the basement. I get pretty good sound. I did use 5/8 drywall, acoustic ceiling tiles--black of course--, fairly high end carpet and pad. But the Ultra still rattles everything just fine firing into the concrete floor.

Are you really going to paint the whole room black?

Kip

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
was planning on it, except the part of the front wall that will be used as the screen. that or dark red for the side walls and the back wall and black for the ceiling and front wall...probably will just go with all black, though.

I will probably paint the screen a light greyish color.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Hey Guys, what have all you been upto?

I am slowing getting my movie room done. Finally got the projector mounted, center speaker mounted and rear speakers mounted. I was doing some calibrations last night and ran a 200 Hz to 20 Hz sweep and yikes do I have a giant peak at about 38 Hz. How big? 35db compared to my 20 Hz number. I think I am going to buy an EQ to tame that problem. I still need to run a full range sweep to see what is going on across there.

Other than that, next thing is painting the movie room. Going to do Black for the front wall and ceiling, Dark Red for the other three walls. I think I am going to order some recliners once I get my security deposit back from my apartment.

Kip*D

Agent
Hey Mike,

The dark red should look good. I used red from Home Depot called Rapture Red. It took 4-5 coats to get it to look right.

It sounds like you need to move up to the PC-Ultra with the built in EQ.:D

I did have the amp in mine partially fail. But an email to tech support, a response from Tom V and I have my replacement amp.

I finally got around to making up some theater signs like George has in his house. I made a THX, DD and DTS-ES. I am still hoping to replace my table lamp with "Electric Sex" although my other half might not be too happy with it being in the front window.

Kip

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the suggestion on paint, but I used to work at the Sherwin Williams technology, so I have the hook up for paint.

I also scored some acoustic foam 1' by 1' by 2" tiles and some diffusors. A guy at work was getting rid of his home studio and sold them to me for a nice discount. I got 70 foam squares and 25 diffusors. I figured what the heck, I will give room treatments a try.

Plus the Behringer feedback destroyer/parametric eq, is less than $100 on ebay. Think I will get one of those too.

Damn, I am on a spending spree.

Kip, what do you have for seating?

I was actually doing some semi-critical listening yesterday evening, and wow, does my new room smoke my old room in terms of sound clarity and definition.

Kip*D

Agent
Those room treatments should help. Getting them cheap is always good. I made my own and they seem to work pretty well and fit in with the room.

For now all I have is a futon and a few chairs. I am hoping to get some Berkline 088 leather chairs. Maybe 8. I am not sure if 4 will fit on my riser and I don't want people sliding off the end. Although it might be funny I don't want to damage the chairs;)

Kip

Users who are viewing this thread