What's new

4-12's-2k in power ~ NO controls, Subs computer runs it. (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Word has it the Powered Sub Industry is abuzz with Intelligent Audio Systems new home onboard computer controled sub system. 11,700.00 to 12,000.00. It equalizes the subs automaticaly with out you ever touching them. User setable also. Remote controled.
These words taken from the Today Show, who was their and showing it this mornng on the Today Show......The oe they showed was Pianio Black finished and their not that big at all.
Thought some might find this interesting. The link provides (basic) information on how it works and specs/freq responce/power...
Check it out here:
www.intelligentaudiosystems.com/home.html
Certainly not for the price challanged!

Tim Ranger

Stunt Coordinator
Looks interesting. I see Ken Kantor is the chief tech officer. Will be cool if they can trickle the technology down to be affordable to the masses!

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Yes, an interesting concept that surley will make it's way down in time. Affordability is the keydto seeing it in the masses.
Like all new things (if it works as well as touted) take time to make their way down the ladder. If it performs as said and reaches the claimed specs, looks mighty impressive. The one they showed appeared to be sealed and most likley (guess) some type of servo controling adjustable Q on the drivers/cabinet. Nothing was stated on the "Sub design", aside from the fact it dose automaticaly, what we all fight with in our rooms. All this is built inside the sub.
It was a whole 30-seconds of talking about the product and no one reperesenting the product/CO was present. Just the newest/latest of cool/highend electronic goodies. It was the only HT/Audio product presented. Also, they (Today Show), only showed one cube of the apparent 3 piece cube system. And they "recommend" -2- of the 3 piece systems. The sub begins to not be so small when you need (2)-3 piece cubes.
I am sure that at it's price point one of the high end mags might/should get ahold of it in the next 6-months or so. Some "real" in room data on it's ablitys and how well it's touted (self room function) works. If it truely is capable of what it says it dose, and reaches the 16-hz it claims with any authority and without a ton of distortion, it might really be something.
Would love to see TN put it threw his paces!
A very intresting (totaly new I belive) concept in subs, but don't see it's onboard self serving internal computer calibrating stuff coming down the ladder any time soon. On board parametrics, (which are here already on a few med to high end brands), but this, if it works, will definitly be awhile for the average HT'er to find it in a more afforadable product.
11,000.00 to 12,000.00 goes along way at my house....:) and not in subs!
Really neat stuff anyway
Geoff

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
In case those who went to look missed this link. There is a short read of a friend that visted Ken, owner of the new IAS, and quite a few pic's of the prototype sub and the monster 12" TC-Sounds drivers possibly being used in the unit.
You can find it HERE
Monster TC-Sounds 12" and I mean monster.
Enjoy
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks