What's new

3rd visit to Letchworth State Park mountain biking...excellent :) (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Well, I went for my third trip to Letchworth state park in NY. Very cool :) We do this trip on a holiday usually. Most of those involved have to work the day before or the day after so we cram it all in one day. We meet in what is effectively close to downtown Toronto at 4:00 AM! We leave around 4:45 AM and head to the QEW and drive straight to the Peace bridge across from Buffalo-ish area. Breakfast and pee break at the McDonalds. Cross the bridge and I-90 all the way to 63 and then 36. Then basically we meet at the Mt Morris side of the park and shuttle one car to the Perry side. Then we go back to the Mt Morris side and start our ride. We rode from about 10:40 AM until about 4:45 PM...roughly...taking many long breaks. Lots of fun technical sections, nice rhythm to the trail, nice steep climbs and fun fun fun. Great views of the gorge too of course. I took some pictures too. After our ride, I was exhausted. We had a BBQ and chowed down. Headed back to Toronto and of course got stuck in rush hour traffic because the QEW goes by the Ontario Place which is deadly busy on Canada Day.

Overall, I'd rate the trail a 5 star trail. Fun. Fast. Technical with lots of nice long climbs. 40 KM's of mountain biking heaven.

Anybody else visit this or any other trails in NY?

:)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
NY is quite big! Have never ridden up there but I have ridden around Lake Placid (the ironman loop) and have ridden on some of the X-C ski trails there. I have also ridden in Harriman S.P. on the very very very few legal trails there. Most of my MTB riding that I do is in NJ. I do alot of road riding up into NY state cause I'm so close to the border. Warwick area, Harriman S.P. are some of my favorite places to ride.

Jay

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Seeing as how NY state is so close, its cool to find out about places to ride etc. Believe me, if you ever ventured up here, I could point you in the right direction :) I'm actually spoiled. I live within 30-45 minutes of 3 or 4 very good trails. But hey, its fun to travel :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks