What's new

3rd Rock from the Sun - Season 2 (2 Viewers)

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator

Just watched part 1 of the 3D episode. Yes, you can see 3D with the glasses. The entire episode is not in 3D, only certain scenes as indicated when the "globe with glasses" icon appears on the screen. The biggest 3D parts I saw were when Dick was running through the sunflowers and through the cratered planet. When Sally was in the scene with the feathers, it was really 3D too. Also, I watched the episode sitting pretty far back from my computer screen. I don't know if it makes a difference how close you sit. Rest assured, you can see 3D. Can't wait to see part 2.

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know what they meant on the back of the box by saying "Never Before Seen 3D Episode Alternate Ending"? Is it incorporated into the actual episode? It's not one of the extras on disc 4?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
There is no real 3-D....not one frame was shot in 3-D.

You might be seeing some fleeting examples of the Pulfrich Illusion, but this wasn't shot by someone who knew how to exploit it properly. Of all the attempts on TV to do this through the years, this was one of the sorriest.

99% of the audience will see no depth at all....wear the glasses while watching a basketball game and see what happens. You'll see more accidental Pulfrich Illusion fake 3-D than you will in that episode.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Okay, I bought my set at BestBuy. The box touted all those "extra" extras on disc four. They are not there. My disc 4 has a blue planet behind Dick and Tommy. Am I to understand this is the "regular edition" disc? I do NOT want to TRY and return this to BestBuy...the dumb cluck clerks will have no clue what I'm trying to return or why. I DO want Anchor Bay to make an exchange. Paramount had NO problem at all sending out replacement copies of I Love Lucy season 4 discs. I expect the same from Anchor Bay, who I credit with releasing a lot of my favorite tv shows and movies over the years. So, what should I do next? Write to them? I do NOT want to deal with this through BestBuy, as I said.

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator
When I bought season 1, I didn't get a booklet inside the DVD set. I emailed Anchor Bay and they quickly sent me one. Email them and let them know what happened and mention you have a receit from Best Buy.

Did anyone find the alternate 3D ending?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well Nick do you have the red disk 4 or the blue one? Because from what I gather on this thread, the red one has more extras. I'm so confused...is the alternate ending an easter egg??? Anyone?

Nick_TV

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 4th disc with the red planet. That is, I have the Best Buy exclusives with "Sally's Best" & "Exclusive Bloopers". But, I can't find any reference to an alternate 3D ending. I've given up trying to find it and have emailed Anchor Bay asking them where it is. I'll post here if I discover anything interesting.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
No, we do not. And anyone who clicks on something called a "viral player" must be rather the moron, what?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Oh, and by the way, Watson and I have deduced that there have been a couple of anonymous postings in this thread by one or more employees of the Anchor Bay company. Just come clean, guys and stop pretending to be just fans. We know you lurk about...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks