3rd Rock coming

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JohnOPR, Mar 1, 2005.

1. JohnOPR

JohnOPR Stunt Coordinator

Just saw on another site that "3rd Rock from the Sun", season 1, will be released on 26 Jul 05. Am I excited? You bet! What a great summer gift.

2. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

Awesome. I loved this show. Where did you get this info? So we got Cosby Show, Diffrent World and most likely Roseanne coming asnd now this this. This is awesome news. Could Grounded For Life be close behind?

3. JohnOPR

JohnOPR Stunt Coordinator

3rd Rock is listed on dvdverdict.com. Apparently, you can preorder it now via Amazon for about $27.00.

4. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I love this show, will deffinatly get this! I read at TVShowsOnDVD.com that Anchor Bay is releaing this, so does this mean we can hope for special features?

5. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if the final season set will have the final episode's original ending, alternate ending or both.

6. Wezzo

Wezzo Second Unit

The UK version of the S6 set includes both endings, Lee, so I can't see why the US version shouldn't.

Amazon say the S1 set is 6 discs - whereas over here it was only 3. If it was 6 discs we'd only get 3 or 4 episodes per disc (S1 was 20 eps long), so am I to assume this is an error? Or maybe that the set will include S1 *and* S2?

7. Jeff'Reys

Jeff'Reys Auditioning

I wonder if this show was really popular as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of discussion about it? At least not much turned up from a search result stand-point.

Anyway, the press release paragraph that's included on tvshowsondvd's site, the first sentence references the show's deserved critical acclaim but says the show debuted in 1993, when the truth is it debuted in January 1996. This is another reason why I wonder how huge the shows popularity was and if it's an indication of how well the sales figures will be if no one's pointed this out yet.