3rd receiver on dual LNB ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vinny Petronio, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Vinny Petronio

Vinny Petronio Stunt Coordinator

I currently have Direct TV in two rooms running cable from a duel LNB round dish and want to add a third receiver what is the best way to do this with out loss of signal strength?

I Purchased the receiver and dual LNB/antenna multi-switch

model DSV 95 at the swopmeet this weekend $40.00 for the box and $20.00 for the switch will this give me a good signal, and should I buy speacial cables for this project?

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    You need a 2x4 or 3x4 multi-switch. I'm not sure exactly what type of switch you purchased based on just the model number. Who manufactured it? As for cables, just use RG6 coax.

-Robert

3. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I suggest you read this thread -- you may find some answers there.

4. Vinny Petronio

thanks so much for the info it was very helpful and it looks quite apparent that the switch is not going to work for me and I will look for another alternitive off to radio shack tomorrow!! Ha Ha

5. Vinny Petronio

Well I picked up another dish and instalation kit at radio shack the dish cost me $40.00 open box the kit was a real bargin at $15.00 my third receiver is up and running with a great signal I am glad now that I did not buy the splitter and saved a lot of money to boot!!