What's new

3D Opinions Needed... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Link Removed
I've been working to closley on this thing, so I need fresh eyes :). Opinions welcome, so long as they don't bash it outright, heh.
I always say this will be my final version of this model, but I always wind up back working on it trying to improve it. Keep in mind, it's obviously not finished yet, but this is the halfway point. Also, all of those squares you see where painstakingly seperatly modeled by clicking on an individual square and extruding it off of the sphere. Wich is why it took me three days to get even that part done :).

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
Me being a 3D modeler fulltime. I can say that for the time you spent on it it's looking great so far. Remember texturing also plays a huge role in how it looks. How many Polys you plan on having when it is completed. Anyways it looks good. Keep it up and show us your progress. Oh also what is that done in Max?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hehe, This'll give you an idea. At Current, it's at 137,000 poly's. Gotta love high poly modelling :). As to my progress, I'm pretty much self taught, with only three months official teaching. This object was the first one I ever tried to create 4 years ago, and I got where it is now through trial and error mostly. You can check out the image I have, showing the progress over the years, below.
Link Removed
The first on the left was made a measly 4 or so years ago in 1998.I thought it would be the easiest object to make, but turned out to be the toughest :). Through it's evolution, you can see wich peices of the model gave me the most trouble. And yep, made in 3D Max 2.5 Edu.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Wow that brings back memories of childhood :) What was that thign called again? Techrodome? I dunno, that name sprung up in my head :p)
Looking good... :emoji_thumbsup:

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>Wow that brings back memories of childhood What was that thign called again? Techrodome? I dunno, that name sprung up in my head
Looking good... >>
Hehe, yep. Perhaps one of the coolest looking toon vehicles ever made, even if it was made just to sell toys :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Here's an updated version. It's 98.5% finished :). Just missing a little peice on the bottom. It may not be the pen ultimate version, but I think it's as close as I can ever get, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks