What's new

3D 3D GLASSES QUESTION (1 Viewer)

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
So, I have a number of Real D glasses that I've saved up over the years which is great since I have a Vizio TV. I'm having a 3D party at my place on Saturday and I noticed some of the glasses are kinda dirty/dusty. Any thoughts on how I can clean them before peeps come over?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I clean my active shutter glasses with a micro fiber cloth.

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
I use the cleaning cloth that came with my sunglasses on my 3-D eyewear.
Oh, and if your "peeps" are the marshmallow kind, your glasses are going to get really sticky.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
James, can I get away with using warm water, too?
I'm having about six people (plus me) in my apartment Saturday for this, so it's an interesting challenge (I don't have a huge apartment). But three of them have never seen a proper 3D movie. We're watching DIAL M FOR MURDER and HUGO for certain, and maybe CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON. The trio who have never seen proper 3D are a pair of friends and their nine year old daughter. I can't wait to see her reaction to the movies!

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
Todd J Moore said:
James, can I get away with using warm water, too?
I wouldn't use water unless they are so smudged that you have nothing to lose.
What I do if I have a particular stubborn fingerprint is breathe heavily on the lenses (no joke) and then wipe off the breath (condensation) with the cleaning cloth.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
How about those gizmo Active glasses?--Would anything damage the outside?
Not water, but a paper towel already soaked in Windex? (Ie., not sprayed on directly?)

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
I would certainly double-check with the manufacturer before using any kind of chemical cleaner on expensive active glasses. Again, the only thing I use on my eyewear (both active and passive) is breath and the cleaning cloth that came with my sunglasses.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I am assuming that Todd is referring to the glasses supplied at movie theaters that he has taken home with him. If that is the case, washing the lenses with warm water and liquid soap would be fine. When I go to the theaters for a 3D movie, my first stop is always to the restroom to clean the glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks