What's new

3D film archives website mysteriously removed (1 Viewer)

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
Yesterday I wanted to look up a 3 D title of the golden age that the poster was on the website. I tried to click it on .Instead of the 3 D archives website ,I got a message that googles could not find it. What happened? Bob Fermanek put it up.Why did he removed it? It was the most knowledge of 3D and widescreen ,stereophonic sound and audio,removed. I contacted the archives to what happened. They have not answered yet. We supporters and donaters of the archives are entitled to an answer . If they don't give us an answer,it makes them look bad. If it was a legal copyright problem we understand. What ever happened ,unless they are giving the archive a face lift and updates ,this is giving the anti 3D forces, Corporate Hollywood power.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't believe we're really "entitled" to anything, but I seem to recall Bob saying in another thread here that they were upgrading the web site as I think it's been taken down intermittently as part of their renovation. I'd think it'll be back up relatively soon.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Yes, it's as simple as the website is moving to a new host with a redesign. Nothing mysterious, Michael. Critical thinking, please.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I don't believe we're really "entitled" to anything, but I seem to recall Bob saying in another thread here that they were upgrading the web site as I think it's been taken down intermittently as part of their renovation. I'd think it'll be back up relatively soon.
Agreed, I had mentioned to Bob a while back that the site was coming up as "not secure". Which is never a good thing for a source site like his. You never want to put any of your visistors in a vonerable position, right?
So my guess falls into that category of revamping/updating the site for safety and security to oncoming traffic that utilize this wealth of history and information. Please keep us in the loop, once the site resurfaces!!

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
I just got the message from him. Any one who who fights to keep 3D going and serves 3D fans ,ethically should explain to their supporters or it could give a bad impression . Big entertainment corps don't serve the fans of ent ,but tries to dupe us to serve them. More honest smaller entertainments business it the other way around.but ,that is rare these days. I'm not a fan of what entertainment has got to offer but, a fan of choices and variety and reasonable prices that the biz should offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks