3D design software

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Poehlman, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Hey all, just an FYI.
    I am planning an HT in my basement and wanted to get a feel for how things will look. I stumbled across http://www.artifice.com/free/dw_lite.html
    It's a pretty potent 3D home/landscape design program... and it's free!
    So, it might be handy for some of you that are waiting for that shipment of drywall, or want to get an idea how your furniture will fit (you can download furniture/accessories from their website as well).

2. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Thanks for posting that, Dave. I'll take a look later on. How user-friendly is it?
    ------------------
    Scott

3. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I would suggest going through the tutorial to get a feel for the controls (164 pages if you print it out [​IMG] - print it out at work if you can [​IMG]. There aren't many instructions with the actual program.. but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to create a structure.
    The program did hang up on me once and the units of measurement got botched and I wound up with an 84' couch (try folding down the drink tray on that sucker!) other than that, it's been trouble free.
    Dave