What's new

3d configuration issues with PS# & BenQ MP626 (1 Viewer)

BenA

Grip
Real Name
Ben
Hi:
Newbie alert...sorry.
Here's the problem. I have a BenQ MP626 DLP projector, which is 3d compatible. :3dglasses: I have a Sony PS3 with the latest firmware update (4.55).....also 3d compatible. I have high speed HDMI cables, but I am still unable to get either my projector or the play station to recognize the 3d. I have followed everything that Sony has told me to do (IE: got to settings/ display/ auto config/...etc) even worked through it on the phone with a tech....they said tat it must be the cables or the projector. I bought new cables (high speed)....again....same thing.
On the projector: I go to the menu, to the display set up, but the 3d and the 3d sync, are both greyed out (can't access them).

Anyone have any ideas? (please speak in laymen's terms, not all that savvy)

Thanks
Ben

BenA

Grip
Real Name
Ben
I am sorry Schan1269, but I do not understand what you mean by PC 3D is not BD 3D". Yes I really am that slow.

BenA

Grip
Real Name
Ben
So, if I were to buy software that supports 3d (Ultra Like Power DVD 14), then I could feed my PC through the BenQ projector? My PC does have and HDMI output port.

Thanks
Ben

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes.I'll throw you another one...this is far fetched, but might work. Diligent research required...on your part.Mitsubishi made a 3D adapter for their original DLP RPTV that were 1.3(like your projector is). They work with Mits and Samsung DLP TV. (Of Samsung, The ones made by Mits, which was most of them).Those adapters were added in between the source (STB or BD player) and the TV. They were sold with glasses and a movie. Anyway...have no idea if one of those will work with a projector. But DLP is DLP...The model numbers are...3DA-13DA-1000Basically they convert BD 3D to checkerboard. (Which that, I think, is what your projector has).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks