3805 Owners....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Rob Grim, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Rob Grim

Rob Grim Stunt Coordinator

I'm new to Denon products so I'm not sure if this is a normal thing or not. When I power up my 3805 its makes a humming noise when cut on. It has never done this until recently. Does this sound normal, its almost like its storing power and when its powered up it releases the left over energy and/or sounds like something rattleing in the power supply. Could really use your help asap so I can return it today while they have them in stock if need be.

2. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

If what you're hearing is a very high pitched tone kinda sound,mine does that also.Is it normal? don't know,if its too loud I would exchange it for another new one.

3. Rob Grim

Like I said, when powered up it makes the normal "clicking" sound which it HAS done from day one. What I'm concerned about is the "humming" sound coming from the power supply area. It did not do this from day 1, just started yesterday. Think I will call Tweeters when they open to see what they recommend.

4. Brent_j

Brent_j Stunt Coordinator

I have only had my 3805 for one day now and I dont notice that sound at all. I can hear current noise from the transformer, but only if I put my ear on top of the receiver, and then its very faint.

I am also new to the Denon product line as I have always purchased Yamaha.

Are you hearing the noise from the receiver itself or coming from the speakers??....

5. Rob Grim

Brent, the humming is coming from the receiver itself, from the power supply. But, it's all good. Called Tweeters earlier and they are just going to replace the unit. My new unit should be in Tuesday

6. Brent_j

Brent_j Stunt Coordinator

Cool Rob, Dont you just love purchasing from a good retailer like that! I might pay more for electronic items purchased from a store like Ultimate Electronics, but when it comes to returns and general customer support like that, it cant be beat. My sales guy is top notch.

I purchased my RX-V2400 just a little over 2 months ago for just a little over $800 ($850 with tax) came back in a few weeks later to purchase a separate amp because my mains were very power hungry, instead of selling me another expensive piece of equipment he told me that the new Denon AVR-3805 would be here in a few weeks and that if I wanted he would swap me out receiver for receiver for no additional cost (retail on the AVR-3805 is $1200 so I really just paid $850 for it) Its service like that I really appreciate as a consumer.

Brent.

BTW the new Denon is much more powerfull and better sounding than my old 2400.... and this coming from a big time Yamaha bigot.

Brent.