What's new

3803 zone2 problems (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willcut

Auditioning
First thread!!! :)

I am new here, but fairly knowledgeable on HT and setups. However in trying to setup a brand new Denon 3803 with my step father I cant get zone 2 working at all. If some one with some experience with this model could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Setup is as follows:
Denon 3803
3 M&K K7 LCR
2 M&K K5 R
1 SVS 25-31 sub
3 ceiling mounted in walls throughout the house (zone 2)

I want to use the 2 surr back amp channels to power the in walls, and have wired them to the left surr back post for mono sound.

In the on screen set up menu, I have changed the amp from "surr back" to "zone 2".

So what am I missing?

Jeff Willcut

Auditioning
I think so too. Does that mean I can't use the tuner? Does the analog source plug straight into zone 2 somehow?

John S

Senior HTF Member
I actually do not use a 2nd zone, but own the 4200, and just rememeber a blurb saying that there are no DACs left available for a zone2 is all.

glenn.arsenault

Stunt Coordinator

Zone 2 can play the tuner and all sources providing you have analog cables from the source to the 3803. In my system all my "digital" sources are connected to the 3803 using both digital cables (coax or toslink depending on what the source offers) and a pair or analog cables.

The obvious, did you turn zone 2 on? There are seperate zone 2 on and off buttons on the remote.

To select a source to play in zone2 you need to put the 3803 in zone2 mode by toggling the "amp" button on the remote until "zone 2" displays in the lcd. You then can select your zone2 input source and control the zone2 volume using the remote's volume control.

Jeff Willcut

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply Glenn. Are you using the surr/back amps to power your zone 2? That is possible correct?

Yes I did turn zone2 on and still no sound. I am sure it is someting obvious that I am missing so any other ideas are welcome. I may try fiddling around with the bind posts, maybe I am on the wrong speaker posts.

Any other ideas?

tom derby

Agent
Glenn's right. i had the same problem. it gotta be an analog source. just plug the rca cable into one of the inputs on the back of the receiver and if zone 2 is selected in the setup menu it will work.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Make sure you press the Zone 2/Rec button on the front of the receiver so that MULTI lights up (not REC) above the main text in the display. It will also show in tiny letters what source is going to Zone 2.

And I use the amps in my 3803 to power Zone 2 all the time. It works very well. It takes a little bit to figure it out, but you will get it.

glenn.arsenault

Stunt Coordinator

It is possible as long as in setup, you go to "Zone 2 Control" and set the "Power Amp Assignment" to "Zone 2".

I have moved to a 7.1 setup, so I use the internal amps for my surround back speakers now and powermy "zone 2" with an external amp fed by the zone 2 pre-amp outputs on the 3803.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks