3803 - Watching TV while listening to CD?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Sean>D, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Sean>D

Sean>D Auditioning

I've got a Denon 3803 and am wondering if it is possible to set the video input mode independent of the audio mode. I've searched all over, and all I can find are details on doing multi-source audio via Zone 2.

Basically, I'd like to have video input from cable box hitting monitor out, while listening to a CD connected via an optical input. I just can't figure out if it's possible (without having to monkey with cables on the back of the receiver).

I've also got to say thanks to the guys that maintain this forum and everyone that posts. I recently purchased a Denon 3803 and Rocket RS750/200/300 system due to a significant amount of research/advice on here. The new system sounds amazing. I've also got a SVS PB2+ on the way. It should be shipping any day now.

TIA
    Sean Davidson

2. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

I run my DTV box and DVD player to my TV, everything else is connected to my 3803. I am able to watch "TV" while listening to SACD/DVDA/CD. [​IMG]

I've never tried to do all of the switching thru the receiver.

3. Corey B

Corey B Auditioning

Push the VIDEO SELECT button then turn the FUNCTION knob to the desired video source

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

If you have a programable universal remote control, like a Pronto or one of the Home Theater Master MX-500, 600, 700, 800 or one of the One-For-All branded units (which also includes some of the Radio Shack models), you can obtain a Denon remote code that will allow you to switch the Video Select control from your remote. Much handier than getting up to do it...

5. Sean>D

Sean>D Auditioning

John, thanks for the response! I didn't even think to get up and look at the receiver!!!

Any chance there's a Video Select button on the RC-921 remote (that ships w/ the 3803) and I'm just not seeing it?

6. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Nope, they left the button off. Who knows why? IMO, it's a pretty handy function. I use it daily...