3803 Bass question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Weldy, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I have the 3803 and I am having trouble getting my subwoofer to work with anything other than movies. My sub turns on when it gets a signal, which it is doing however no bass. Anybody know how to fix it.

2. rob-socal

rob-socal Agent

Matt: Go to the speaker setup and enable the sub for LFE+Main. That should allow any bass in the L/R front channels to also route to the sub.

The LFE option only works if there is a dedicated LFE in the source material.

-RJ.

3. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

To do that though I have to select my front speakers to large. However I did try it and it didnt seem to make a difference. Thanks for your help though

4. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Matt: Have you ran the level tests? Are you getting output from the sub during the tests? Don't forget that you can separately adjust the sub volume in each listening mode.

5. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

I have ran the bass level test and I get bass from it then. How do you adjust the levels for each mode. When I ran the test in a different mode they were the same ones I set for the dvd player

6. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Make sure the remote is in AMP mode. By hitting the ch select/enter button, it will bring up each channel's individual volume setting and you can use the arrow keys to adjust the chosen channel's level. The unit will remember by mode what levels you've chosen. Keep in mind that if you go back into the setup mode and go thru the level settings there again that all of your individual channel level choices are lost (at least they always have been on Denon receivers I've had before.)

I have heard of some new out-of-the-box Denon's that needed their processors cleared to function properly (think in terms of a complete reboot of your PC. And these things are pretty much computer controlled.) So if all else fails, to a complete processor reset (it's noted toward the back of the manual.) You'll lose ALL of your already tweaked settings but the unit will be back to square one.

Good Luck!

(BTW, I checked my 3803 and it's functioning normally. I tested it as Stereo, small speakers with sub.)