1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

3802 Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Strassburg, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Returned home from a business trip today to discover that the ON/STANDBY button is flashing. According to the manual it's either over-heating, which can't be the case since it hadn't been played recently, or one of the speaker connections is shorted.

I disconnected ALL of the speakers from the unit and still get a flashing light. I tried resetting the processer and still no luck. Could the unit have been over-heated/played too loud while I was gone, and not be able to recover? I can't believe my wife/son would play it that loud with 9 Klipsch towers hooked up.

Any other ideas??? TIA...Mike

2. James Stierman

James Stierman Stunt Coordinator

Does the reciver turn on and then click right off again after, or does it not power up at all? I sell denon recivers and am having a similar problem with the 4802. It will turn on for a few seconds, then immediatly shut itself off, with the standy button blinking like it's overheating. I know it is not though as we have yet to get it working properly.

James

3. peter a

peter a Stunt Coordinator

i'm having the same problem on my 3802- my brother was trying to watch tv today, and he said it would turn on for about 5 seconds, and then go to standby mode.... i wasn't there- so i'll look into it tomorrow. i know everything is corrected properly- so, maybe when i get there, i'll disconnect all of the connections and see if it still does it... if so, chris at 6ave will be getting a call... has anyone else had this problem on their new 3802? thanks-
    p

4. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Mine will try to power on for a few seconds, but no display shows up, then it will click and go into StandBy with the blinking light.

Of course I bought it on-line from an unauthorized dealer, before I knew all about that mess, so I'm going to be stuck paying to get this POS fixed.

5. Matt AFA

Matt AFA Extra

How do you reset a Denon receiver?

Thanks.