What's new

3802 Speaker level adjustment using Sound and Vision? (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,

I'd like to use the Sound and Vision disc to calibrate the speaker levels on my 3802, but how do I bypass the internally generated test tones? Also, if I'm using the dvd and I'm running it through the component video of the receiver, how do I see the levels to adjust them?

thanks,
Aaron

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
You'll have to do a little switching of your TV but it is possible. Connect your DVD player via s-video through the receiver, leave the component cables as is. Go to section of the DVD that plays the test tones, start the test tones and switch your TV to the s-video signal from the DVD player. Now press the CHANNEL VOLUME button in the lower right hand corner of the front panel to call up the OSD and use the SELECT knob to increase and decrease the levels.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The calibration measurements need to be done from your listening position. If you adjust them while sitting right at the receiver they will be incorrect. If you move back and forth during the level adjustments they will also be slightly off, unless you use a tripod or mount the SPL meter somehow. It is best to adjust them using the remote.

I am not familiar with the 3802, so I don't know if there is a way to bypass the internal test tones.

If your TV has PIP, that is how I adjust mine. I have the DVD on the main screen with my OSD from the receiver in the PIP window.

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
when your using sound and vision dvd and want to calibrate your speaker level, use your denon remote. the lcd on the remote should be on amp. then press the enter button on the remote and the front left speaker will appear on the receiver with the volume level. to raise or lower the volume use the multi button above the enter button. on the multi button where it says tuning,will raise and lower the speaker volume. to go to the next speaker press "mode" on the mutli button and it will then go to the next speaker.
again this will show on the receiver. hope this isn't to confusing. good luck:D

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
your welcome
just a correction from my other post, to go to the next speaker press "enter" not the "mode" on the multi button. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks