3802 problem with DTS-ES

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric_G, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Eric_G

Eric_G Auditioning

I was enjoying my new Denon 3802 and then I tried to play some movies with DTS-ES (the reason I bought this receiver). Anyway, when I tried to play Gladiator or Rush Hour 2 in ES mode all I hear is a buzzing sound. I also tried Cast Away and it works fine in all modes. I tripled checked to make sure I had the output set to the appropriate mode and it was. Any ideas? For what it's worth, my old Denon would also not play Gladiator in 5.1 DTS. Could it be the DVD player? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Eric

2. chiante

chiante Agent

does your dvd player have dts capability?

3. Eric_G

Eric_G Auditioning

Yes, it does have DTS. I have it connected to the 3802 via a coaxial cable. Does the DVD player have to have something else for DTS-ES?

Thanks,

Eric

4. Craig W

Craig W Second Unit

Make sure you have the dts bitstream enabled on the DVD player. If Dolby Digital works fine I would be surprised if dts does not work since its using the same DAC to convert the bitstream to an audio signal.

Do the EXES (center rears) channels work properly with Dolby Digital and the other surround modes or do you still hear the buzz?

5. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

I would agree with Craig check the dvd player and make sure it has DTS enabled