What's new

3802 owners, what auto-flag settings are you using? (1 Viewer)

Eric T

Second Unit
Specifically, I am wondering how 5.1 material sounds played through "matrix" and "non-matrix" 6.1/7.1 modes. Is it an improvement, or better to turn of the surround back speakers in 5.1 mode?

I will be picking a 3802 up tomorrow. Since I just upgraded my center channel speaker, I was planning to use my older one as a rear center, but I've never used a 6.1 system before. In fact the only 6.1 software that I own is Gladiator, but I'm anxious to test it. Just wondering what your personal preferences are for this feature.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
YOu have to experience it to make a choice I suppose. For me, I've had it to 6.1 ever since. I guess u might say it makes the tracks sound more "enveloping".....but that's just me. Only u and u alone can set ur preference.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I keep my 6.1 mode on all the time also. But like Eric said, just do what sounds best for you.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
The auto flag setting should be set to "off",and the rear center to "matrix".
In this configuration you can engage the back speakers any time,and it would still reckognise any flags in the bitstream if there is one to automatically engage the back surround speakers.
If you select non matrix for the back surround then those speakers would duplicate the side surrounds,and no "ex" decoding at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks