What's new

3802 DTS problems (1 Viewer)

Colin-H

Second Unit
I finally got around to hooking up my 3802. Works great, except when I try to play DTS tracks, then it doesn't work at all. It doesn't detect the DTS stream. It plays nada. The front panel reads: (on led) (auto led) STEREO DVD [analog]. No DTS LED. It doesn't even say it's a digital stream. I've also tried changing the input from "auto" to "DTS". No dice, once again. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a legit problem?

Yogi

Screenwriter
Check the settings on your DVD player and verify that the DTS output is set to bitstream. This is the most common problem in trying to play DTS dics. I had done it when I first hooked up my DVD player.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Colin,

Keep the receiver set to Auto, but the main reason that its not working is that you have the DVD input set to STEREO. Turn the knob to Dobly PII and when the receiver detects a DTS signal it will go into DTS mode.

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
some dvds have to be manually set to play dts. go into the menu of the dvd. some dvd's have the dts option in "languages". good luck

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Keep your receiver on AUTO mode and make sure the DTS bitstream output is turned ON in your DVD player's setup menu.

Again, that's the most common error.

Dan

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Take a look here for starters.
It is a good idea to check the Primer, just in case your question might have already been answered. There's a lot of good info there.

Colin-H

Second Unit
Thank you. The problem was with the DTS output on my DVD player not being set on "bitstream".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks