3802 Denon and Mitz 55859 and X box config ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Edi, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Edi

Edi Extra

A newbie set up question.

I have my HDTV set up via component from the DVD. The Denon 3802 has n screen set-up commends. Currently the only way for me to see the Denon commands is for me to switch from Component 1 to input 1 where I have the s video from the 3802 Denon to the back of the TV. The problem with this is that I can not see the picture while I am messing around with the receiver sound set up. Any ideas?

Does anyone have this type of set up.

A second question. How to I set up video from X box to the TV? I have everything running from my Xbox to the 3802. I can hear everything, but not see it. Do I use just a reg. yellow RCA out to the TV?

thank in advance ed

2. Todd Schnell

Todd Schnell Second Unit

Lets see if I can help.
    I have a Mits HD 55807 & Denon 5803, X-box, etc.

You did set up your receiver?
    I have the X-Box HD pack & run component video directly to my display, & audio to the receiver.
    You have an HDTV you really should get the X-box HD pack to get the best out of your system.
    Many X-Box games look incredible in 480P.

Other wise as you have it now:

1)Just make sure your TV is set to the input your Denon is connected to.
    2)Make sure your Denon is set to which ever device you have your X-Box connected to (example Aux, video 2, etc.).

Hope that helps.

Todd

3. BrianDD

BrianDD Agent

If you want to be able to see the on-screen display over your movie you can run an s-video cable from the dvd player to your receiver's DVD input. Then when you switch your tv to input1 to make the changes you will have a picture as well. Of course this will be s-video quality so you'll want to switch it back after you do your adjustments. As for the XBOX, I would do what Todd suggested and get the high-def pack for it. You are not seeing a picture now because the 3802 will not up-convert the RCA level video coming into it from the XBOX to the s-video going out of it to the TV. The HD adaptor will allow you to run component video cables from the XBOX directly to your tv's second component input. You can then run an optical cable from the XBOX to your reciever for the audio. Most XBOX games are in Dolby Digital 5.1 and some even use high definition video.

4. Edi

Edi Extra

Well,

50% there. THe HD for the Xbox works great. I have a 2800 Denon DVD player. Actually a very nice product. The issue is I do nothave a S-video out? Any other suggestions. Everything is set up component.

5. BrianDD

BrianDD Agent

Your DVD player does have an svideo output. You can connect that to the DVD svideo input on your receiver. I did think of a possible problem though. When your player is in proggresive mode, it may not send a video signal through the svideo output. You might have to toggle the player's output to interlaced to see anything. To be honest it sounds like it would be more trouble than its worth just to see the menus over the movie.