Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Mine is perfect, but=

On another forum=

Hiss on all channels/sent back

Flashing front pannel light out of the box=sent back

DOA=sent back

Anyone want to add to this list?

Just curious if anyone else had these problems.

These were all in the last 10 days. Must be a bad lot!

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Earl,

I have had Denon 3200, 3801, and now 3802.

No problems with the Denons. Noise floor is quite good and no hissing.

Gil

Richard_M

Second Unit
1st unit sent back due to hum from speakers when connected to external amplifier.

2nd unit (no hum from speakers) sent back due to power transformer generating LOUD buzzing sound.

3rd unit working great.

Richard

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
1st unit sent back due to hum from speakers when connected to external amplifier.
Did your external amp have a three prong power plug? It is VERY common to get a hum from your speakers when you add a three pronged plug to your system. It is a ground loop hum caused from "cable TV".

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Jim,

It is a ground loop hum caused from "cable TV".
I have a 3802 and my external amp has a three-prong plug. However, it seems that I get the hum in my system when using any input that involves my TV (TV/SAT, DVD). I do not get the hum when using my CD player as the input.

Regards,

Ron

Richard_M

Second Unit
Earl

In response to the questions, All I did was replace my old Yamaha receiver, with the Denon!, hench the hum was localised to the Denon, as the next two replacements did not suffer the same problem, I just assume that the preouts circuits had the problems.

Purchased Oct/Nov 2001 Aprox.

As for the dealer I have delt with this local dealer for a number of years and find them to be excellent to deal with, but being in Australia may be of no use to you, also bear in mind that the Denons sold in Australia are the same as the ones sold in Europe and may be of different configuration to the ones sold in the US.

Regards,

Richard

MikeKaz

Stunt Coordinator
i have a defect- the remote was designed by cartoonists with an penchant for bright colors.

hopefully marantz will will have some influence in this matter...

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Hey, I love my Denon remote. I want another one!(3802 remote). It is the first remote that I can program all my Dish buttons into my Denon remote.:D

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Yikes...I loathe that Denon remote! I replaced mine with the Sony RM-VL900. This remote is great...flexible and versatile and only around $40! Only thing is that it doesn't have a digital read-out, but who cares?!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Mike - you must not have seen the current remotes for the models lower than the 7200. They are beyond cartoons, they are just plain crap. Unless you like cheaply made, weak signal, one size button - perfectly aligned and indistinguishable from the next by touch, type remotes. The 7200 and above get some much nicer remotes. I purchased an RC2000 MKII for my 6200.

Users who are viewing this thread