What's new

3802 and 2 channel music (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
I understand that the 3802 memorizes setttings for each output selected. For instance, my setting on tv is PLII. Everytime I change the input to tv it automatically selects PLII. My question is this: my dvd player also plays MP3s, but the output selection on my receiver is dvd which sets my speakers to small and activates my sub. Is there any way possible when I play MP3s through my dvd player that the speakers can be set to large with no sub selected without manually having to do so? I believe that due to the fact that I am using the dvd output from receiver that I will have to manually make the adjustments, but I was just wondering if someone knew something that I didn't.

Jason

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jason,

I don't know how you're wired but here's a solution to your problem. Let's say you're running optical from the player to your 3802 and have it assigned to "DVD". As you now know anything coming in on "DVD" (DVD-V, MP3, CD) will pick up the settings for "DVD". So run a set of interconnects from your player into one of the analog inputs say "CD". Now when you play a DVD, you select DVD and get the settings for HT. When you play CD or MP3 on the same player, you select "CD" and get the settings appropriate for music listening. Get it? Good luck.

Austin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks