1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

3802 almost done

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by gene avallon, Jul 11, 2002.

1. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

couple more things,for the best sound how many back speakers shoud I get,I have 2 svs 46plus,I set all speakers to small,what about the crossover freq. I listen to HT only,no music.that should do it.
    gene[​IMG]

2. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

Gene, I think that depends on how big your room is. I would set the crossover to 80hrz on the Denon. I have dabbled with it a 100 and 120 and I always keep going back to the 80 setting. What kind of speakers are you using? That could play a role in where you set the crossover. Good luck!

3. gene avallon

gene avallon Stunt Coordinator

the speakers are no names built them years ago will get new ones someday.the subs are my start,with all my speakers set to small what does the xover do? I guess I want the subs to handle the lows.what about the back how many,small room 10x15.you should here the subs in there.
    gene

4. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

I know how you feel with the subs gene, I have a dual 20-39cs+/samson combo in a 12x12 room and they are amazing. I would set all the speakers to small and let the SVS handle everything below 80hrz. I have Klipsch RF-3 speakers that are supposed to handle down to 37hrz and there is now way that I would set them to large. I think in a room that size you could get away with one rear center speaker.