1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

3801 video switching problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Madalena, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Hi All,
    Here's my problem. I've had the 3801 for a while now and recently added a satellite system to my home theater. (Dish PVR) I have the satellite receiver video/audio split between my 3801 via s-video and tv via coax so I have the option of not turning on the denon all of the time when we watch tv. When I choose to not turn on the 3801, I get no picture w/audio on the tv. I have to then turn on the 3801 a switch the imput to a non-video source like cd and turn off the Denon. Now I know I'm not losing my mind but when I had cable, the box was hooked up the same way and I had no problem.
    What's the deal???????
    Chris

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Chris: Yeah, your problem sounds odd.
    When just using the TV only, are you switching the channel on the TV to channel 3? I don't see how the Denon can pass thru an S-video signal when it's off (no matter what input setting it was last on.) I thought all of the Denon's video section is active and can't work at all when powered down.
    ------------------

3. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Chuck,
    It's all very weird. The only thing I can think of is that the video in on my tv is crapping out. It has a composite and s-video in. Both are connected to the Denon. Mybe I'll give Denon a call. Still pulling my hair out over this!!!
    Chris