3801 video switching problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Madalena, Sep 27, 2001.

1. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Hi All,
    Here's my problem. I've had the 3801 for a while now and recently added a satellite system to my home theater. (Dish PVR) I have the satellite receiver video/audio split between my 3801 via s-video and tv via coax so I have the option of not turning on the denon all of the time when we watch tv. When I choose to not turn on the 3801, I get no picture w/audio on the tv. I have to then turn on the 3801 a switch the imput to a non-video source like cd and turn off the Denon. Now I know I'm not losing my mind but when I had cable, the box was hooked up the same way and I had no problem.
    What's the deal???????
    Chris

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Chris: Yeah, your problem sounds odd.
    When just using the TV only, are you switching the channel on the TV to channel 3? I don't see how the Denon can pass thru an S-video signal when it's off (no matter what input setting it was last on.) I thought all of the Denon's video section is active and can't work at all when powered down.
    ------------------

3. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Chuck,
    It's all very weird. The only thing I can think of is that the video in on my tv is crapping out. It has a composite and s-video in. Both are connected to the Denon. Mybe I'll give Denon a call. Still pulling my hair out over this!!!
    Chris