What's new

3801 video switching problem (1 Viewer)

Chris Madalena

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All,
Here's my problem. I've had the 3801 for a while now and recently added a satellite system to my home theater. (Dish PVR) I have the satellite receiver video/audio split between my 3801 via s-video and tv via coax so I have the option of not turning on the denon all of the time when we watch tv. When I choose to not turn on the 3801, I get no picture w/audio on the tv. I have to then turn on the 3801 a switch the imput to a non-video source like cd and turn off the Denon. Now I know I'm not losing my mind but when I had cable, the box was hooked up the same way and I had no problem.
What's the deal???????
Chris

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Chris: Yeah, your problem sounds odd.
When just using the TV only, are you switching the channel on the TV to channel 3? I don't see how the Denon can pass thru an S-video signal when it's off (no matter what input setting it was last on.) I thought all of the Denon's video section is active and can't work at all when powered down.
------------------

Chris Madalena

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck,
It's all very weird. The only thing I can think of is that the video in on my tv is crapping out. It has a composite and s-video in. Both are connected to the Denon. Mybe I'll give Denon a call. Still pulling my hair out over this!!!
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks