38 Aconda and prog scan

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Peter Yovu, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Peter Yovu

Peter Yovu Auditioning

Hello Acondaphiles, first message here. I may be missing something, but a number of threads re: the Aconda 38" and progressive scan have been left dangling. I'd like to revive the issue in hopes that some of you have more experience by now. I guess the primary question is what is the best way to bypass the Aconda's internal processor? Seems to involve using a transcoder box to convert composite to RGB... Anyone have actual experience with this yet? How does it work? The second question is, is it worth it in your opinion? And while I'm at it I'd love to know what you recommend to optimize resolution and general PQ in this set. I'll be getting mine in a few days. I'll run the Avia disc. At present I have an Arcam DV88 which can be expensively upgraded to prog scan, but not sure I want/need to go that way. Your help much appreciated!

2. Peter Yovu

Peter Yovu Auditioning

Hello, still hoping to find someone who has their Aconda 38 hooked up to progressive scan? How did you do it, and how do you like it? Info much appreciated.