What's new

36th Chamber of the Shaolin - Blu-Ray reviews? (1 Viewer)

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
Anyone have this new BD title? I've never seen the film, but DVD Beaver gives it a simply horrible review (a 1080i, rather than 1080p, transfer tops the grievances). I'd give it a shot if it were reasonably watchable, but perhaps I should opt for the very well-reviewed DVD version?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Do yourself a favor and checkout the thread regarding this title on that other forum. You can say all you want about screenshots, but sometimes a release is so screwed up they're all you need to make you stay far away as they done in this case for me.

It is unfortunate but not surprising given who's releasing it. I will definitely wait for reviews of The Killer before purchasing that as well.

Holer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joel
DVD Beaver gave it a reaming for being 1080i vs 1080p etc. - I'm an ignoramus when it comes to such things but to my eye I thought it looked pretty great. Not a spec of dirt, great color and a lot of the scenes really popped. There was some softness here and there but for me this just seems like an immaculate Hi-def print of the Celestial remaster - I know everyone wants a frame by frame restoration of these movies but I honestly don't think they're going to get any better than this. Again though, much respect for the Beaver - he is a 'Videophile' and I am not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks