Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph W, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Joseph W

Joseph W Auditioning

I am looking for a TV for 9' x 12' room. Need help deciding between HDTV 36" like the Sony XBR versus a smaller RPTV like the 40" Toshiba or 46" Mits which are comparably priced. Is the direct-view picture that much better to make up for its smaller size? Either one better for setting up a HT system? Would watch cable and DVDs. Which would you choose?

2. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Hey Joseph. Not to criticize, but topic headers like yours generally get ignored, so don't expect a lot of replies. It is better to state a simple request in the topic. Now that the wanna-be moderator has spoken, [​IMG] , on to your question. Some people just don't like the looks of rptv's and prefer a direct-view. Ambient light has a lot to do with it also, if your viewing habits are to watch stuff with full bright lighting then a direct-view will probably look better. I don't think either set is inherently "better" then the other. It is harder to have burn-in problems with a direct-view though. You are able to go larger with a rptv also at about the same price. Personally I would go with the rptv, but then I have a projector so it would still be too small. [​IMG] It mostly depends on viewing habits and personal preference. Read some topics and go out and look at some tv's and make a choice in which you prefer. Good luck.
    Tim