What's new

36 XBR450 video went completely red (1 Viewer)

Patricio M

Agent
Last night I was watching TV and the picture started to turn red, and after a period of about 3 minutes, the picture was completely red. Soon after that the tube turned off and an error code was blinking. I unplugged it for about an hour then turned it back on, only to find the same problem. It seems one of the color guns isn't firing. I called my dealer (TV is less than 1 year) and they can't look at it till Oct. 4th! Any ideas what this might be? :frowning:

BorisM

Stunt Coordinator
Since it is under warranty, you can call any Sony service center in your area to come check it out. I would not hesitate.

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
Well, if it had gone plaid I'd say someone must have went into the service menu and selected Ludicrous Speed. Don't know about red, though...

Patricio M

Agent
Ok, update:

I left it unplugged overnight, then plugged it back in...everything looked fine?! So far it has been working normal, but I am going to keep the appointment anyway to see if a diagnostic yields anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks